Viewing 15 posts - 3,646 through 3,660 (of 59,098 total)
It's a good solution as long as you recognize that you're creating an internal Cartesian product between rows in the table value constructor (tvc) and the rows in the...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 19, 2022 at 4:12 am
Just in case someone comes across this again, I have a nice little update for all'ya'all. 😀
Step 1 is to create this function in your master database. Details are, of...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 19, 2022 at 3:26 am
This feels almost like an undocumented "feature" (similar to quirky updates)... I know I would be a bit hesitant in how I used this and would probably continue to...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 18, 2022 at 10:57 pm
Hi Michael. Without going into my reason, I need to know the sum of CPU usage for ad-hoc batches of SQL statements I execute, on a per-database and per-time-window...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 18, 2022 at 5:27 pm
I'm almost out of "off the top of my head questions" but, just to be sure, are you taking DIF backups and mistakenly naming them BAK like your FULL backups...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 16, 2022 at 7:33 pm
Dammit. I know I typed up a long explanation this morning of what "WorkLoad" means and now it's gone. Maybe I forgot to hit SUBMIT or something. Whatever. 🙁 I...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 16, 2022 at 7:22 pm
On way is to use the following dynamic management view...
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sql/relational-databases/system-dynamic-management-views
The "best" way would be to sample the view for the current SPID (@@SPID) that will run the "batch" for the...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 16, 2022 at 7:03 pm
To answer the question that I think you're asking, do something like this just before you combine @Body and @XML.
SET @xml = REPLACE(@XML,'<tr>','<tr style="background-color:Red; color:White; ">')
If you...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 16, 2022 at 6:40 pm
This is going to depend a whole lot on what you mean by a "batch". What do you mean by "batch" here?
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 16, 2022 at 6:09 pm
Please don't mistake my answer as being "snarky"... I'm trying to help you help yourself in the future. 🙂
When you have a question like this, you have to ask yourself...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 16, 2022 at 6:03 pm
Unless you have a process that requires that successful backups be logged in the SQL Server Error Log, I'd turn those off. Here's just one article on how to do...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 16, 2022 at 5:30 pm
Q
Well now... that's pretty rude. 😉 The question you deleted may have helped others.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 16, 2022 at 4:05 pm
I'm starting to see this exact question a whole lot. I'm starting to think that it's a prelude to spam. 🙁
To the best of my knowledge, the product keys for...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 16, 2022 at 4:01 pm
Excellent summary and examples - especially appreciated the animation showing how to navigate the interface!
As a practical note, I recommend not leaning too heavily on color to provide meaning...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 15, 2022 at 10:11 pm
Thanks everyone for sharing your inputs.
Sometimes we are seeing below patterns
"Application runs a query every 10 mins without any good reason."
There is a MERGE statement which does some data...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 15, 2022 at 8:48 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 3,646 through 3,660 (of 59,098 total)