Viewing 15 posts - 3,631 through 3,645 (of 59,098 total)
Ahoi,
Theres a long running delete which is split into smaller batches.
how does one deal with the following situation.
The answer is likely going to be found in the code that...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 21, 2022 at 9:31 pm
Hate to admit I didn't even know what PoSh is...
PowerShell.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 21, 2022 at 8:00 pm
Ah, my apologies. No. Have not gotten to this yet and I'm not sure about tonight because I have a presentation to give tonight. Thank you for the reminder and...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 21, 2022 at 5:59 pm
Apologies for the confusion in relation to relaying my thoughts on the whole process, I think it's a bit tricky to vocalise. I think I'll implement it as it...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 20, 2022 at 9:37 pm
What I'm trying to ascertain here is if it's feasible to make the whole model temporal (i.e. all Fact tables & Dimensions) so it can be rolled back in...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 20, 2022 at 7:10 pm
I agree that Temporal tables don't have an explicit marking for the action taken on a row for MS Temporal Tables. It's really easy to determine, though... (and you probably...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 20, 2022 at 2:38 pm
That's the same link that the Op provided in the original post on this thread. 😀
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 20, 2022 at 1:47 pm
Ok... based on your last post above, especially the part where you say there's a "requirement to make multiple submissions at various milestones during the month", here's what I think. ...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 20, 2022 at 1:13 am
Awesome. Thank you for the feedback and welcome aboard!
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 19, 2022 at 2:49 pm
I'll try to work on this tonight after work. Thanks for the example.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 19, 2022 at 2:45 pm
If you're using SQL Server 2017 or later, the TRANSLATE() function would be a better option.
I missed this. Considering what they did to the FORMAT function for performance, have...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 19, 2022 at 2:24 pm
Thanks for this! It fixed my problem too.
This looks like a prelude to spam. Which problem of your did it fix and which of the many entries fixed it?
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 19, 2022 at 5:00 am
Ah... got it. Now I know why the concern over milliseconds. Thanks for the feedback.
One of the issues is, of course, not bumping up the CPU time with a utility...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 19, 2022 at 4:56 am
Post deleted. This thread did end up showing up in "active" threads.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 19, 2022 at 4:18 am
@steve-2 Collins,
I also mean to say, GREAT question!
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 19, 2022 at 4:13 am
Viewing 15 posts - 3,631 through 3,645 (of 59,098 total)