Conditional Formatting with SSRS

• Thom A

SSC Guru

Comments posted to this topic are about the item Conditional Formatting with SSRS

Thom~

Excuse my typos and sometimes awful grammar. My fingers work faster than my brain does.

• Parker Smith

SSChasing Mays

Excellent summary and examples - especially appreciated the animation showing how to navigate the interface!

As a practical note, I recommend not leaning too heavily on color to provide meaning - color-blindness is more common than you think! Bold, italic, and underline provide more generally readable visual cues.

• Thom A

SSC Guru

Parker Smith wrote:

As a practical note, I recommend not leaning too heavily on color to provide meaning - color-blindness is more common than you think! Bold, italic, and underline provide more generally readable visual cues.

This is actually one reason why I demonstrated alternative things, like making "today's" entries bold.

Thom~

Excuse my typos and sometimes awful grammar. My fingers work faster than my brain does.

• Sue_H

SSC Guru

Very well done article -  can get folks going down the right path with all the formatting options. Thanks for taking the time to write that!

Sue

• pietlinden

SSC Guru

That reminds me of a precon I went to by @SqlLocks (Jonathan Stewart). One of his cousins is color blind, so he has been interested in it for a long time. One option he mentioned is to use a color palette that is color-blind friendly - as they'll be able to distinguish the colors in that case.

I remember working on something 20 years ago and having button text change colors from blue to green and one of my co-workers pointed out that he was blue-green colorblind... Can't say I'd even considered it a problem until he brought it to my attention.

• Trevor.weehuizen

Valued Member

Great article

Discovering

Me.Value

though changed my life-very useful when applying the same condition across multiple cells

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply