Viewing 15 posts - 3,661 through 3,675 (of 59,098 total)
Attached the script in .docx type.
You've been around for a long time and I think I've shown you this before but one more time.
When you're filling out a post...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 15, 2022 at 8:28 pm
To add to what Johan posted, your worst performing queries will NOT usually be your longest running queries and it may not be the queries themselves, at all... it could...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 15, 2022 at 5:04 pm
Like a lot of the other answers on this thread, that's a lot of non-bullet-proof IF's that will eventually result in silent errors producing an incorrect answer.
Don't assume. Yeah... you...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 15, 2022 at 4:45 pm
My question would be...
Why are you storing such a script on the root of the C: where some users could tamper with it or delete it? This should be in...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 15, 2022 at 4:41 pm
I have a SQL 2012 database with simple recovery that backs up every night. Normally the backup file is around 87,000 MB and grows proportionality as data is added. ...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 15, 2022 at 4:33 pm
Are you still there? If so, see my previous post.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 15, 2022 at 4:30 pm
Hi All
Trying to do a query to find out how old are the cpu on device. We do have a way of doing it but it involves manual step...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 15, 2022 at 3:39 am
Didn't you already ask this q?!
According to the OPs profile, no. In fact, this appears to be the first and only question they've posted.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 15, 2022 at 3:14 am
When I do things like this, I return separate columns for the properties I wish to control (font, bold, colour etc) and then assign those columns to the relevant...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 15, 2022 at 3:04 am
One possibility for those is a bit shorter...
NULLIF(A.CALC_Date_EOIReceived,'1900-01-01 00:00:00.000') AS [Date Req Created]
NULLIF(A.CALC_Date_EOIReceived,'1900-01-01 00:00:00.000') AS [Date Initiated]
If we could see the rest of the code, we could...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 14, 2022 at 4:41 am
I'm looking at a career change. I have bachelors degree in healthcare management and pre counseling. My mental health is going down the drain and do not think I...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 14, 2022 at 4:28 am
I'll also tell you that a lot of companies aren't going to send you a database backup because there's a whole lot of stuff in a backup that they might...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 13, 2022 at 5:36 pm
With a small tweak, the method in the following article is what I use for such bleedovers. It's NOT a short article because it actually explains how to think about...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 12, 2022 at 10:27 pm
Hi there,
I am looking to find some very good beginner resources for SQL server 2016 as we have to use that at work. I dont have much experience with...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 12, 2022 at 8:13 pm
I don't know what your stored procedure looks like but, if you need to compare every column of every row to all the other rows, then create a hash of...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 12, 2022 at 7:06 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 3,661 through 3,675 (of 59,098 total)