Viewing 15 posts - 15,616 through 15,630 (of 39,921 total)
I think it is a 2008 database. As soon as you restore it, the structure converts. If it's set to the compat mode, I'm not sure what else you could...
July 19, 2011 at 10:46 am
My apologies. I'm not sure if this was submitted with the wrong boxes marked, or I made a mistake, but we've corrected it.
Points have been awarded back and thanks for...
July 19, 2011 at 10:35 am
I like the hand waving step 😉
What about using a reporting database at company B with views to the log shipped db, and then enabling some level of cross database...
July 19, 2011 at 10:32 am
If you're looking for the ABS() in a repeating way, is there some ordering column? Rows in SQL have no order by default, so you can't find a pattern without...
July 19, 2011 at 10:29 am
GSquared (7/19/2011)
Freddie-304292 (7/19/2011)
July 19, 2011 at 8:17 am
I mostly agree with Mr. Klopcic, and you ought to look to train constantly, or retrain if you are struggling to find work. Or move. The unemployment situation varies widely...
July 19, 2011 at 8:13 am
I saw a Discovery Channel special on the destruction of old Yankee Stadium while flying across the Atlantic. Very cool how they pulled it down, given the proximity to the...
July 19, 2011 at 7:57 am
And perhaps why this occurred: http://voiceofthedba.wordpress.com/2011/07/18/sql-server-backup-inadvertent-striping/
July 18, 2011 at 2:11 pm
You don't need the same room on the SAN.
If I have 100GB mdf and 60GB log on the dev machine, and I can shrink that to 80GB mdf, 10GB log,...
July 18, 2011 at 11:32 am
I didn't think this was the dev machine, but the production machine, moving a database that is processed to production.
SAN space in the US is around US$6k/TB from what I've...
July 18, 2011 at 11:24 am
How much of the data changes?
Is it better, perhaps, to build an ETL process to move the data instead of the full backup/restore?
July 18, 2011 at 9:25 am
I'd second Perry's note, and be concerned about moving from development to production.
If this is production moving to development, and you are low on space, there isn't a good way...
July 18, 2011 at 9:02 am
Jim Sleeman-388184 (7/15/2011)
July 17, 2011 at 11:41 am
Viewing 15 posts - 15,616 through 15,630 (of 39,921 total)