Are the posted questions getting worse?

• Brandie Tarvin (7/25/2011)

Actually, it's not that post, Ninja. There was another one that I responded to in the first few posts and the guy didn't want to listen to me, Gus, and Jason. ... And possibly you.

Then Steve had to jump in. I posted the link on The Thread a while back. I just don't remember which it was.

Agreed, but I still can't find it. I know it's around the same dates but googles' not cooperating to find it atm.

• GilaMonster (7/25/2011)

SQLRNNR (7/25/2011)

GilaMonster (7/25/2011)

mtillman-921105 (7/25/2011)

Too many of these posters don't realize the level of expertise that they are getting here. Maybe you all need more intimidating titles like "Grand Intergalactic SQL Master" or something. πŸ™‚ Or, at least displaying the alphabet soup might make one or two pause before challenging your advice.

I'll probably add a couple items sometime, but just a couple, not the entire list.

Just now noticing that your soup is gone from the sig.

It's been gone for weeks, maybe longer. Took it out after I noticed that Syed's response to me putting the qualifications in was to expand his sig further so that it was longer and had more items than mine. πŸ™

It is easy to do when you're just making things up.

--------------------------------------
    When you encounter a problem, if the solution isn't readily evident go back to the start and check your assumptions.
    --------------------------------------
    It’s unpleasantly like being drunk.
    What’s so unpleasant about being drunk?
    You ask a glass of water. -- Douglas Adams

• Ninja's_RGR'us (7/25/2011)

Brandie Tarvin (7/25/2011)

Actually, it's not that post, Ninja. There was another one that I responded to in the first few posts and the guy didn't want to listen to me, Gus, and Jason. ... And possibly you.

Then Steve had to jump in. I posted the link on The Thread a while back. I just don't remember which it was.

Agreed, but I still can't find it. I know it's around the same dates but googles' not cooperating to find it atm.

Do you remember the title or maybe the original topic?

Jason...AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
    Learn Extended Events

• GilaMonster (7/25/2011)

SQLRNNR (7/25/2011)

GilaMonster (7/25/2011)

mtillman-921105 (7/25/2011)

Too many of these posters don't realize the level of expertise that they are getting here. Maybe you all need more intimidating titles like "Grand Intergalactic SQL Master" or something. πŸ™‚ Or, at least displaying the alphabet soup might make one or two pause before challenging your advice.

I'll probably add a couple items sometime, but just a couple, not the entire list.

Just now noticing that your soup is gone from the sig.

It's been gone for weeks, maybe longer. Took it out after I noticed that Syed's response to me putting the qualifications in was to expand his sig further so that it was longer and had more items than mine. πŸ™

No offense, but I find Gus's soup the most impressive soup on this forum. @=)

Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

Found it: http://www.sqlservercentral.com/Forums/Topic1128085-357-5.aspx?Update=1

Wasn't Syed at all.

Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

Not finding it. Checked my topic subscriptions and must have missed it somehow. If it was sometime around that Transaction Log thread - can somebody else check their subscriptions around July 1?

Learn Extended Events

• Gus,

Thanks for the encouragement. I've submitted my meta-QOD.

• john.arnott (7/25/2011)

Gus,

Thanks for the encouragement. I've submitted my meta-QOD.

And I can't wait to complain about the correct answer to it! @=)

• Brandie Tarvin (7/25/2011)

Ninja's_RGR'us (7/25/2011)

Found it: http://www.sqlservercentral.com/Forums/Topic1128085-357-5.aspx?Update=1

Wasn't Syed at all.

Was that really it? It just doesn't seem to be too terribly bad...

Learn Extended Events

• And to get back to the water cooler...

Saw Captain America last night, and enjoyed it. The plot was a little rushed in places, and some of the action sequences were inconsistent with the idea of what Captain America could do (surprise, surprise), but it was fun.

Makes me want to see The Avengers next year.

• I'm anxiously waiting to see both. I think it should be good.

Learn Extended Events

• Speaking of superhero type movies, I rented "I am Number Four" this weekend and watched twice. I really enjoyed it, I rarely watch a movie more than once.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
    Use Full Links:
    KB Article from Microsoft on how to ask a question on a Forum

• I saw Captain America too. I liked it. Good action sequences and Hugo Weaving did a great job as the villianous (and totally insane) Red Skull. Got to see a trailer for the Avengers movie next year, can't wait to see that one. As Gus mentioned, Marvel has us well and truly trained, no one left their seats until the very end of the movie and the trailer ran.

-- Kit

• Trey Staker (7/25/2011)

Speaking of superhero type movies, I rented "I am Number Four" this weekend and watched twice. I really enjoyed it, I rarely watch a movie more than once.

I really liked that one as well.

And not just for the eye-candy.

- Gus "GSquared", RSVP, OODA, MAP, NMVP, FAQ, SAT, SQL, DNA, RNA, UOI, IOU, AM, PM, AD, BC, BCE, USA, UN, CF, ROFL, LOL, ETC
    Property of The Thread

"Nobody knows the age of the human race, but everyone agrees it's old enough to know better." - Anon

• Trey Staker (7/25/2011)

Speaking of superhero type movies, I rented "I am Number Four" this weekend and watched twice. I really enjoyed it, I rarely watch a movie more than once.

I liked that one too. It was different than I expected but still good.

Learn Extended Events

Viewing 15 posts - 28,336 through 28,350 (of 66,549 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply