Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 39,936 total)
You can setup auditing, but it's a lot of data.
https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/azure-sql/database/auditing-overview?view=azuresql
October 5, 2026 at 7:08 pm
Yes.
I haven't necessarily looked at all indexes, but I have separated out some tables/indexes that get heavier use and can benefit from different storage paths.
The former, using multiple files, has...
October 5, 2026 at 6:51 pm
This is a mixed bag for me. I love programming. It is the most interesting thing I do in IT. But where I work, I am not allowed to...
October 5, 2026 at 6:10 pm
I'm very much looking forward to the day (not far off) when I don't have to do this anymore.
...
Sorry to hear that. It isn't great to go do something...
October 5, 2026 at 6:09 pm
I am not a software developer, however recently I had to create an application that downloaded XML and loaded staging then cleaned the data with validation so it could...
October 5, 2026 at 6:06 pm
It is. Lucid is good as well, but I find them much more conservative with changes and advances. They're toddlers taking little steps while Tesla makes big changes.
The rest, well,...
October 5, 2026 at 6:05 pm
...
I think I'd also find it more "fun" if I really believed in the cause of the company. I work for a manufacturer that makes widgets, which is needed...
October 5, 2026 at 5:58 pm
Of the developers I have known, the best of them have hobbies outside of work that involve creating things.
...
Having things outside of work is important. There's way more to...
October 5, 2026 at 5:57 pm
I am developing software for now 45 years and I still love it.
When developing a larger application you have a framework with several libraries sp...ecific for this application. Not...
October 5, 2026 at 2:50 pm
Developing software taught me to look ahead, anticipate results based on past events and current conditions. This has affected my whole life, but it also drives my wife crazy...
October 5, 2026 at 2:45 pm
I had to laugh out loud at the Lucid quote. No, this is most definitely not the worst version. Automatic remote firmware updates absolutely can (and do) make things...
October 5, 2026 at 2:40 pm
Honestly, I think you need to give AI more responsibility ...
Yes, it needs management and guidance, ...
There is great potential if it works well. and it can.
If it doesn't,...
October 5, 2026 at 2:37 pm
Honestly, I think you need to give AI more responsibility ...
Yes, it needs management and guidance, ...
There is great potential if it works well. and it can.
If it doesn't,...
October 5, 2026 at 2:37 pm
Assembly code as in, e.g. JMP, Add With Carry, etc.? If you were fluent with it, then anything you write would run at great speed.
For sure, the problem...
October 4, 2026 at 12:22 pm
Wow, nothing like that. I don't ran lots of that at Virginia Power (now Dominion Energy) and another company. Don't know anyone there, and I know we tossed the 4.2...
September 30, 2026 at 5:26 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 39,936 total)