Are the posted questions getting worse?

• GilaMonster (7/25/2011)

Brandie Tarvin (7/25/2011)

mtillman-921105 (7/25/2011)

Too many of these posters don't realize the level of expertise that they are getting here. Maybe you all need more intimidating titles like "Grand Intergalactic SQL Master" or something. 🙂 Or, at least displaying the alphabet soup might make one or two pause before challenging your advice.

Alphabet soup doesn't help. Just a few weeks ago, someone we tried to help insisted on the opinion of Microsoft employees or "true" SQL experts.

Link? Title? Please?

I remember that one also... can't find it now. :angry:

Wayne
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server 2008
    Author - SQL Server T-SQL Recipes

If you can't explain to another person how the code that you're copying from the internet works, then DON'T USE IT on a production system! After all, you will be the one supporting it!
    Links:
    For better assistance in answering your questions
    Performance Problems
    Common date/time routines
    Understanding and Using APPLY Part 1 & Part 2

• mtillman-921105 (7/25/2011)

Too many of these posters don't realize the level of expertise that they are getting here. Maybe you all need more intimidating titles like "Grand Intergalactic SQL Master" or something. 🙂 Or, at least displaying the alphabet soup might make one or two pause before challenging your advice.

I'll probably add a couple items sometime, but just a couple, not the entire list.

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass

I just had a fun one. Told someone that they shouldn't run Backup log with truncate only as it breaks the log chain. So they reference an article that they say refutes what I'm saying. The article they linked to is one I wrote.

😀

ROFLOL

Gail has decided to take on a split personality 😉

Jason...AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
    Learn Extended Events

• mtillman-921105 (7/25/2011)

I think it should be Alphabet soup with meatballs.

Learn Extended Events

Alphabet soup doesn't help. Just a few weeks ago, someone we tried to help insisted on the opinion of Microsoft employees or "true" SQL experts.

Link? Title? Please?

It was Syed if me recall correctly.

Learn Extended Events

• Gianluca Sartori (7/25/2011)

OK: my rate is $300/hr.

If I cost as much as Microsoft I must be a "true" SQL expert. :hehe:

Ooooh - brainstorming. I think that is a good rate.

Learn Extended Events

I'll probably add a couple items sometime, but just a couple, not the entire list.

Just now noticing that your soup is gone from the sig.

Learn Extended Events

• SQLRNNR (7/25/2011)

I think it should be Alphabet soup with meatballs.

Wasn't that thread deleted or at least closed by Steve? Maybe he could remember which on it is.

• Don't believe that I deleted that thread, or at least don't remember that.

• Steve Jones - SSC Editor (7/25/2011)

Don't believe that I deleted that thread, or at least don't remember that.

That's because you deleted it so thoroughly. I don't know how many levels down Leo had to go, but I haven't seen him since...

---------------------------------------------------------
    How best to post your question[/url]
    How to post performance problems[/url]
    Tally Table:What it is and how it replaces a loop[/url]

"stewsterl 80804 (10/16/2009)I guess when you stop and try to understand the solution provided you not only learn, but save yourself some headaches when you need to make any slight changes."

• Steve Jones - SSC Editor (7/25/2011)

Ya but you closed it.

It's Syed that wanted a MS link, so we're still looking for the thread in question.

http://www.sqlservercentral.com/Forums/Topic1134935-146-1.aspx

• Actually, it's not that post, Ninja. There was another one that I responded to in the first few posts and the guy didn't want to listen to me, Gus, and Jason. ... And possibly you.

Then Steve had to jump in. I posted the link on The Thread a while back. I just don't remember which it was.

Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

• Ninja's_RGR'us (7/25/2011)

Steve Jones - SSC Editor (7/25/2011)

Ya but you closed it.

It's Syed that wanted a MS link, so we're still looking for the thread in question.

http://www.sqlservercentral.com/Forums/Topic1134935-146-1.aspx

I think it is that thread - though it doesn't outright say it.

Learn Extended Events

• Brandie Tarvin (7/25/2011)

Actually, it's not that post, Ninja. There was another one that I responded to in the first few posts and the guy didn't want to listen to me, Gus, and Jason. ... And possibly you.

Then Steve had to jump in. I posted the link on The Thread a while back. I just don't remember which it was.

Hmmmm - they all blend together

Learn Extended Events

• SQLRNNR (7/25/2011)

GilaMonster (7/25/2011)

Just now noticing that your soup is gone from the sig.

It's been gone for weeks, maybe longer. Took it out after I noticed that Syed's response to me putting the qualifications in was to expand his sig further so that it was longer and had more items than mine. 🙁

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass

Viewing 15 posts - 28,321 through 28,335 (of 66,603 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply