Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 15,601 through 15,615 (of 39,921 total)

  • RE: Database can't be recovered? Any help would be appreciated!!!

    If checkdb ran, I'd make a backup first. See if that works.

    Beyond that, I'll let Gail help out. She's more experienced in this area.

  • RE: Are the posted questions getting worse?

    Stefan Krzywicki (7/20/2011)


    I think that's just Steve's warning to people presenting at PASS to take care of their voices. He's showing what happens when you get a little hoarse.

    *groan* (loudly)

  • RE: Are the posted questions getting worse?

    Roy Ernest (7/20/2011)


    Isnt this the horse that got injured?

    Yep, still kicking.

  • RE: Are the posted questions getting worse?

    Just for you guys, my new least favorite thing

  • RE: That case filter

    cengland0 (7/20/2011)


    BenWard (7/20/2011)


    From my PoV the QotD is there, not as a status symbol or as bragging points but rather to help us do our jobs better.

    Sorry but this...

  • RE: Are the posted questions getting worse?

    Lynn Pettis (7/19/2011)


    My oldest daughter, the one in the Army, is going to have a baby in February. I'm going to be a grandfather.

    Unfortunately, I may not get...

  • RE: I Want Stupid Employees

    Eric M Russell (7/20/2011)


    For my daily work, Windows is just a shell for running Outlook, SSMS, IE, and Visual Studio. Off the top of my head, I can't think of...

  • RE: I Want Stupid Employees

    anelson 66875 (7/20/2011)


    "Training" is dead - for IT jobs anyway. Training, as in getting somebody up to speed on a routine repeatable task like, say, machining an engine valve,...

  • RE: I Want Stupid Employees

    Rod at work (7/20/2011)


    I appreciate this article, Steve, as it's something I have faced for the last 3 years. No training, no conferences, etc. However, in my situation it...

  • RE: I Want Stupid Employees

    sturner (7/20/2011)


    I believe it is an individuals responsibility to stay up to speed on the latest technology in their chosen field. If an employer is willing to pay for some...

  • RE: I Want Stupid Employees

    cengland0 (7/20/2011)


    blandry (7/20/2011)


    Since Microsoft and most other software vendors change their systems every 6-18 months

    Yes but how often does your company update their software?

    I'd tend to agree here. Lots of...

  • RE: I Want Stupid Employees

    bopeavy (7/20/2011)


    Steve

    I believe most technology people are interested in what they do, like to learn new skills, and more importantly, like to solve problems.

    Care to expand on this...

  • RE: Checking for patterns in a int

    I assumed Jason's would work for the first pattern.

    It's a data mining thing, and I don't have a solution I can point you to, but it's the type of thing...

  • RE: Database can't be recovered? Any help would be appreciated!!!

    Can you explain what you ran, or what errors you got? Also, is this SQL 2005, and did you mean a new SQL 2005 instance?

    If it's one MDF, did you...

  • RE: Checking for patterns in a int

    pattern searching involves looking for certain patterns. So you'd have to define that the ABS() value repeats according to some order.

    You could also do something like running a rolling regression...

Viewing 15 posts - 15,601 through 15,615 (of 39,921 total)