Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 15,631 through 15,645 (of 39,921 total)

  • RE: Outsourced = Laid Off?

    bopeavy (7/15/2011)


    J Thaddeus Klopcic


    $50k - $75k plus nice benefits isn't enough? Sorry -- our systems can't spin gold from straw.

    ...

  • RE: How Many Times Will This Happen?

    Laws aren't necessarily about stopping behavior, but they can exist to provide recourse when someone does make a mistake.

    We've proven nicely that many companies don't want to take responsibility for...

  • RE: DRI or No DRI?

    I think there are places where DRI isn't needed, but not a lot. Most of the time it pays to enforce the FK relationships, or the constraints because they ensure...

  • RE: Are the posted questions getting worse?

    WayneS (7/15/2011)


    Lynn Pettis (7/15/2011)


    Chad Crawford (7/15/2011)


    Craig Farrell (7/14/2011)


    Hey guys, does anyone know of boot camp training session(s) for SQL Server for practical skills (not certifications). I'm talking real...

  • RE: Are the posted questions getting worse?

    GilaMonster (7/14/2011)


    Steve Jones - SSC Editor (7/14/2011)


    Probably is a lot more than 1kb. There's a lot of stuff that comes down from every single forum, along with a bunch of...

  • RE: Are the posted questions getting worse?

    Probably is a lot more than 1kb. There's a lot of stuff that comes down from every single forum, along with a bunch of JS. I'd have to play around...

  • RE: Trans Log Backup fails after Full backup on seperate device.

    Devices don't matter. Is there something that your grooming jobs are doing? There's no reason for the backup to fail unless you are doing some switching of the recovery model.

    Backups...

  • RE: A Little Interviewing Advice

    sturner (7/1/2011)


    Freddie-304292 (7/1/2011)


    Personally I would turn down any company that expected me to work weekends before they were even paying me. Some of us have lives, you know ;-)...

  • RE: DRI or No DRI?

    I would argue that DRI is important when you have bad data.

    Packages ought to be designed to work with DRI, and if there are source problems, move error rows to...

  • RE: Are the posted questions getting worse?

    GilaMonster (7/13/2011)


    Jim Murphy (7/13/2011)


    Gail, aren't you a moderator still? Maybe you can just whack that whole thread in Steve's absence.

    I've never been a moderator here.

    I'd add Gail, but the...

  • RE: Bad Eyes

    Amazing how many comments people wrote for this one, more than the first time I published it.

    I definitely find that contrast matters. I read a lot on the Kindle apps,...

  • RE: Controlling I/O

    I wasn't attempting to trick anyone, but rather trying to make you aware that there are some settings and functions that work differently for large scale, x64 systems.

  • RE: Are the posted questions getting worse?

    When I was a kid, all banks were limited to banking in a single state, and when that was repealed, or superseded by a new law, I think banking went...

  • RE: Restoring Database from sql 2000 to sql 2005

    Your sentence doesn't make much sense.

    Once the database is restored on SQL 2005, it is converted to that format. Log shipping should still work, but if you ever failover, you...

  • RE: Bad Eyes

    David in .AU (7/12/2011)


    One concept that has floated around for many years (and I find it works fairly well) is for those with more than 1 monitor, ensure that they...

Viewing 15 posts - 15,631 through 15,645 (of 39,921 total)