Viewing 15 posts - 8,386 through 8,400 (of 59,098 total)
I do have to disagree with a database "being a poor choice" to support documents and images. At best, I'll agree to say "It Depends" but even that bothers me...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 14, 2019 at 4:11 pm
From my quick look, there is absolutely NOTHING in the code in the original post that requires Dynamic SQL.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 12, 2019 at 9:45 pm
In our environment, such hint is placed after every single table in every join in every stored proc.
SELECT 1
FROM #GR X WITH(NOLOCK)
JOIN GT ...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 12, 2019 at 9:42 pm
First of all, I never drop a supposedly unused stored procedure immediately. I rename the stored procedures by appending the with "_ToBeDeleted" Such a rename constitutes a modification of the...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 12, 2019 at 9:37 pm
I have the following data in a table, its pricing for items, so if a customer buys 275 of .250BP, they pay .043
I need to get this data in...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 12, 2019 at 9:32 pm
That's pretty interesting. Looks somewhat similar to Eirikur's but a few differences. The one thing I am not a fan of is that it has the same major...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 12, 2019 at 6:11 pm
It did the same thing for us... went for 7 years with no incident and then it apparently hit a tipping point... and the tipping point wasn't gentle... it was...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 12, 2019 at 3:53 pm
Not sure in this case but I'd be tempted to say that the LOGO database is corrupt or actually. First thing I'd do is execute DBCC CHECKDB on it to...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 12, 2019 at 3:24 pm
You're already on one of the greatest projects there is. Start answering questions on the these forums. You won't find a broader range of real life problems to solve anywhere...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 12, 2019 at 3:05 pm
I've been cycling to work, 5 miles each way, for over 17 years now, and I feel about it all the ways you talk about your running. Five miles...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 12, 2019 at 3:03 pm
BWAAAA-HAAA-HAAAA!!!! I LOVE the cartoon! Thanks for the great laugh!
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 12, 2019 at 2:56 pm
Suppose you have column ID in table T. Try the following:
Select ID, CAST(ID as Varbinary(255)) as Hex From T.
I find this to be sufficient in almost every case (and...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 12, 2019 at 2:32 pm
Hi,
just take a look to dbatools.io.
With a few commands you are able to copy database, jobs and logins from server a to server b.
It is realy simple.
Kind regards,
Andreas
If you're...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 12, 2019 at 1:41 pm
Shifting gears a bit, have a look at the original post on the following thread (no need to pile on.. I'm just confused) ...
The OP posted this early on...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 12, 2019 at 6:20 am
Thank you for the thoughtful reply. Indexes can be a load of "fun", especially when they belong to 3rd parties that have such things a VARCHAR(1) and other datatype attrocities.
You...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 12, 2019 at 4:52 am
Viewing 15 posts - 8,386 through 8,400 (of 59,098 total)