Viewing 15 posts - 8,371 through 8,385 (of 59,098 total)
can we use procedure in our query to retrieve data ?
Yes. Contrary to popular belief, you CAN call a stored procedure in a SELECT query using things like...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 18, 2019 at 1:59 pm
thank you for the data. Theoretically, it's slower; based on my software development experience, web application does not fetch 1,000,000 or even 10,000 rows to the front end. I...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 18, 2019 at 1:44 pm
I wonder why people think that everything that uses SQL uses the same SQL.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 18, 2019 at 6:02 am
Interesting... what constitutes a lower cost provider? In other words, why would they possibly be a lower cost on one route but not another? I might see a difference depending...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 18, 2019 at 5:59 am
I have to admit that this is a very interesting exercise but I'm not seeing anything especially practical here, especially if thousands of integers were needed in a collection.
Considering the...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 18, 2019 at 5:31 am
I think it's freakin' hilarious when I see Microsoft Engineers write code like the following...
SELECT getdate() 'runtime', ...
It doesn't hurt anything but wow...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 18, 2019 at 5:08 am
In the same vein as Jonathan, I like to test these type of things out. I do like to take an average of 5 runs. This is on my new...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 18, 2019 at 4:41 am
I know this post is serveral years old now but wanted to say nice post on the following... definitely the right idea.
Igor,
I really think you're overcomplicating it. From my...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 17, 2019 at 8:58 pm
Fantastic article, do you have any links to using the % to return value. never seen the use of % like this (T.N-1)%3 +1
Thank you for the feedback... much...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 16, 2019 at 10:19 pm
I always follow ANSI/ISO standards, the metadata committee standards, and basic data modeling principles.
BWAAAA-HAAAA-HAAAAA!!!! THIS coming from the person that says he likes the MySQL "standard" of using YYYY-00-00...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 16, 2019 at 3:03 pm
It is an alleged non-problem any more. I say "alleged" because I trust no one on such things (too many times burnt in the past). There is a simple test...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 16, 2019 at 2:43 pm
I'll be using this data to add entries to our data warehouse tables. After using this data to fill in our data warehouse tables most of the time it...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 15, 2019 at 3:12 pm
Thanks for your response. The purpose of the word document import into SQL server is to parse the data into a table and export into excel. The current framework...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 15, 2019 at 2:54 pm
I got hired and then I wrote the job description. 😉
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 15, 2019 at 5:18 am
To add to both what I and Jonathan suggested that will help a whole lot, both for the reader and the self-edification of the author, always remember this simple rule...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 14, 2019 at 4:18 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 8,371 through 8,385 (of 59,098 total)