Viewing 15 posts - 8,401 through 8,415 (of 59,098 total)
@JeffModen,
Okay, I know it took longer than expected, but I finally got my hands on the code that updates that table. Here's the process. Once a record has been...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 11, 2019 at 9:07 pm
To help resolve this problem across the board, for all your queries, you really need to re-cluster the CommoditySupplier table. This is a classic case of the "default clustering...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 11, 2019 at 4:23 pm
Hi Jeff ,
I'm using SQL Server 2012. I just need to split the values and bring in a select statement. I don't want to insert them anywhere.
The see...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 11, 2019 at 4:10 pm
Prior to doing a fail over, see if there are any Killed/Rolled Rollbacks.
If there are, I'd say there's a 99.5 % chance that you've been bitten by a problem with...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 11, 2019 at 4:04 pm
Yes, you can do it using something like VirtualBox on your PC - but you'll need to have plenty of RAM and spare disk space. There are various...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 11, 2019 at 3:45 pm
Hi Jeff ,
I'm using SQL Server 2012. I just need to split the values and bring in a select statement. I don't want to insert them anywhere.
The see the...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 11, 2019 at 3:12 pm
Hi Guys ,
I have column with Values like 1111\123132\34342323\1212. I used the above code to split it . But this doesn't work. The code returns blank. Can you please...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 11, 2019 at 1:54 pm
I don't know much about SSIS but, if I had to guess, I'd say that the 1900 date has absolutely nothing to do with file names. I'd say that SSIS...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 11, 2019 at 1:26 pm
p.s. You might want to post the stored procedure and the contents (or a least a sample of) the control table. See the first link in my signature line below...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 11, 2019 at 1:21 pm
thanks for your answer. I googled batch mode and I guess I need some more experience and knowledge before I'd be able to transform my code into batch mode.
Probably...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 11, 2019 at 1:19 pm
Hi Jeff
Yes the datatype is represented that way within the DB.
I'm also worried about Policy and BatchMonth. I will talk to the Database Administrator as Policy should be Char while...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 11, 2019 at 1:10 pm
Short, sweet, and very much to the point. Nice job, Mike.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 11, 2019 at 4:17 am
Like Brent Ozar, I'm really excited about a lot of things coming out in 2019 but, once again, MS has produced a poop sandwich and, everyday, you must take a...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 10, 2019 at 7:10 pm
Are the datatypes for the sample table in the original post representative of what you have for the real table in production?
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 10, 2019 at 6:53 pm
Thanks, Kev but... darn it all. I was hoping you remembered more details because it sounds like a wicked interesting problem and I was going to set something up to...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 10, 2019 at 12:07 am
Viewing 15 posts - 8,401 through 8,415 (of 59,098 total)