Viewing 15 posts - 3,466 through 3,480 (of 59,098 total)
Just ran across this article... I agree! Very nicely done, especially with the page-level proofs!
As a bit of a sidebar, the reason why such a small change caused the Clustered...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 24, 2022 at 5:11 pm
You should also post which browser you're using when reporting such problems.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 23, 2022 at 8:22 pm
Amazing... you had to write all of that for a pipeline? Guess I'm glad I don't have to work with such a thing.
Since I don't know about pipelines, would it...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 23, 2022 at 8:20 pm
Hi Kathi,
Congratulations on the new job and thank you for what you've done for this community as a member of Redgate and long before that. I was thrilled to have...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 23, 2022 at 8:08 pm
Hi and welcome aboard. That's actually a really pertinent post for this 11 year old post and that's why I like this site so much. No "Comments are Closed" here!...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 23, 2022 at 8:06 pm
I don't know much about PowerBI but the last answer at the following link appears to be the ticket. You'll need to change all the reports once but then you'll...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 23, 2022 at 8:00 pm
In case it is of help to anyone.
My problem was the case sensitive, ENGLISH or ITALIAN is not valid but English or Italian work OK.
Hi and welcome aboard. That's...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 23, 2022 at 7:45 pm
not like that. if the user comes back will provide the data.
But in general, it is obvious that when data is less and return rows from it will take...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 23, 2022 at 7:41 pm
I'm not sure that I'd trivialize the roles of Data Scientist or Data Analyst like that. I know a whole lot of people that write some great T-SQL that would...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 23, 2022 at 6:29 pm
"Best way to learn T-SQL for MS SQL Server"?
Start at the beginning. See the following link with the understanding that it does cover more than just T-SQL and some of...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 23, 2022 at 6:22 pm
my key is company and year and rev and not repeated
What, from your example code, would constitute "repeating data"? If the answer is "none of it", then we need...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 23, 2022 at 6:14 pm
Try taking a look at theses 2 management views. Change the ORDER BY in your queries to get highest use per I/O, CPU, Memry sys.dm_exec_query_stats
--Jeff Moden Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for Row-By-Agonizing-Row.
First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
________Stop thinking about what you want to do to a ROW... think, instead, of what you want to do to a COLUMN.
Helpful Links:
How to post code problems
How to Post Performance Problems
Create a Tally Function (fnTally)
May 23, 2022 at 6:09 pm
We have about 160 instances of "WHERE (1 = 1)" or "ON (1 = 1)" in our code base and 950 of "CROSS JOIN".
The code base has about 2.6m...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 23, 2022 at 6:02 pm
Hi there, we have SQL Server 2014 (Build - 12.0.6259.0) and my database have simple recovery mode. Problem is that transaction log file is not shrinked automatically, current size...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 23, 2022 at 5:38 pm
To seriously summarize, it looks like you have a bit of a hot mess on your hands and you have no clue as to where to even start looking. I...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 22, 2022 at 7:14 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 3,466 through 3,480 (of 59,098 total)