Viewing 15 posts - 3,451 through 3,465 (of 59,098 total)
If you were paying any of us $250 an hour, would you waste our time in such a fashion? 😉
We need to see the stuff that supports what you say...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 27, 2022 at 12:08 am
I put the data in a Table now via bulk Insert, but the query now is failing...
Msg 537, Level 16, State 3, Line 5 Invalid length parameter passed to...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 26, 2022 at 11:37 pm
@jeff Moden
I have a fiber outage at the moment, so was unable to catch your Group By session on GUIDS V.S. FRAGMENTATION last night.
Is there perhaps a recording of...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 25, 2022 at 11:39 pm
Jeff. Your ears should be burning. I've had a few conversations about you & fragmentation over here in Belgium with a bunch of people. Happy to hear you've stopped...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 25, 2022 at 11:25 pm
Oh, don't get me wrong... I quite agree that the data isn't "mine". It belongs to the company. And your point about responsibility is exactly what I'm getting at. I'm...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 25, 2022 at 11:07 pm
I'm not a Windows kinda guy but couldn't you make it so the server is in a different (private) domain that none of the local admins can't even get into? ...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 25, 2022 at 3:22 am
Heh... ok... here's another thought. If you don't think you own the data (not like the guy in the story Steve related), let something happen to it and find out...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 25, 2022 at 3:09 am
Maybe a bit more directly....
https://www.google.com/search?q=how+to+find+queries+taking+the+most+memory+in+sql+server
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 25, 2022 at 3:03 am
I've not had to do such a thing because I've never had the same problem. If I did, I'd probably start with the following search...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 25, 2022 at 3:01 am
As an alternative this could possibly/probably be better handled by SSIS than what you describe as your current solution.
Instead of writing to a temp table, just pass the data...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 25, 2022 at 2:56 am
Well....there's always a way. The way you are looking for here is exporting it as a bacpac and then importing it into the 2016 server. It's not nearly as...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 25, 2022 at 2:54 am
The free edition of SQL Server is called the "Developers Edition" and it has the same capabilities as the "Enterprise Edition".
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/sql-server/sql-server-downloads?SilentAuth=1&wa=wsignin1.0
Be advised the download is for 2019. I did a...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 24, 2022 at 5:46 pm
Hello Jeff, thank you for you explanation, i absolutely agree with you, but situation i have is that on separate disk for log files i have physically limited space...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 24, 2022 at 5:27 pm
An even easier way for the future might be to make an update-able partitioned view that would auto-magically evaluate the data from the temp table and auto-magically write it to...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 24, 2022 at 5:21 pm
What would be better would be to make it so that groups of rows in the temp table that will be written to the same tables are handled all at...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 24, 2022 at 5:19 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 3,451 through 3,465 (of 59,098 total)