Viewing 15 posts - 3,481 through 3,495 (of 59,098 total)
I agree that MS says the 15 second warnings are only due to hardware. I have no actual written proof but we've tested. All our stuff is on some killer...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 22, 2022 at 7:06 pm
Run it manually once with the execution plan turned on.
Also, look into Brent Ozar's "First Responder Kit". It's free and the code is open for you to use to learn...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 22, 2022 at 6:43 pm
Let's see this simple query that you're talking about. See the article at the second link in my signature line below.
As for all the excuses you gave for their queries,...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 22, 2022 at 6:33 pm
Anyone has any perfmon.msc file to measure how busy is my sql server?
I do... but PerfMon is a picky thing... what works on one box frequently doesn't work on...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 22, 2022 at 5:26 pm
How can sp_whoisactive help?
Have you searched for it yet? No sense in me repeating something that's readily available. 😀 Reading about it is a lesson about SQL Server in...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 22, 2022 at 5:23 pm
How to identify if it is M.A.R.S and disable it?
There may be another way but we had our developers check the actual connection strings they were using. It was...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 22, 2022 at 5:17 pm
If someone were to ask me what normalization is during a job interview, that would be one of the mental check-boxes that I'd check of for reasons why I might...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 22, 2022 at 5:59 am
Just my 2 cents...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 22, 2022 at 5:04 am
See the following article by Brent Ozar and the links he has for some of Paul Randal's articles on the subject.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 22, 2022 at 4:41 am
Save yourself some time... Look for Adam Machanic's "sp_WhoIsActive" code.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 22, 2022 at 4:40 am
A single CPU going to 90-95% is expected. Are you saying that the total of ALL CPU's is what's going to 90-95% or just one now and then?
If so, check...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 22, 2022 at 4:36 am
Are Items A thru F all in a single parent-child table?
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 22, 2022 at 4:17 am
WARNING! BEFORE YOU USE THE CODE LISTED ABOVE, PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING!
If someone is looking for a code solution to ignore duplicates then, sorry, the code above shouldn't...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 21, 2022 at 7:44 pm
I get where you're going with that but I guess I'm going to have to put that to the test in the very near future. I did it once out...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 20, 2022 at 10:37 pm
+1000 to ratbak on this one.
I'll also state that since you KNOW this is a type-0, why don't you submit a script to management to actually fix the bad data...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 20, 2022 at 7:57 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 3,481 through 3,495 (of 59,098 total)