Are the posted questions getting worse?

• Although, I might not have done it the right way. I deleted the account. I'm now wondering what the data cascade is looking like... Oops.

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
    - Theodore Roosevelt

Author of:
    SQL Server Execution Plans
    SQL Server Query Performance Tuning

• Grant Fritchey wrote:

Although, I might not have done it the right way. I deleted the account. I'm now wondering what the data cascade is looking like... Oops.

Guessing non-existant as they're still posting: https://www.sqlservercentral.com/forums/topic/order-pamelor-online-no-membership-pamelor-cost

Thom~

Excuse my typos and sometimes awful grammar. My fingers work faster than my brain does.
    Larnu.uk

• And now, how to put the brakes on a migration project...

Break your wrist on a bicycle ride so you only have one hand to type with and no immediate backup person to help out...

Yeah, I managed to do one heck of a number on my wrist, thankfully not my "strong" hand, but still...

Try doing all your typing with one hand...

• jasona.work wrote:

And now, how to put the brakes on a migration project...

Break your wrist on a bicycle ride so you only have one hand to type with and no immediate backup person to help out...

Yeah, I managed to do one heck of a number on my wrist, thankfully not my "strong" hand, but still...

i Do when myy lft hannd is feeeling lazy

Hope you get better soon.

Far away is close at hand in the images of elsewhere.
    Anon.

• Original way to put the brakes on. Get better soon Jasona.

For recovery you can train your hand with edge-browser easteregg edge://surf/

• jasona.work wrote:

try this:

https://www.bltt.org/software/dasher/index.htm

you could get fancy and get the eye tracker with it, but the mouse works just fine

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Please follow Best Practices For Posting On Forums to receive quicker and higher quality responses

• jasona.work wrote:

I have cats who don't care if I'm in the middle of something important.  They demand to be petted NOW.  I've gotten fairly good at typing with one hand and petting with the other.  Now try it with a keyboard layout that doesn't match what's printed on the keys.  (I use the Dvorak keyboard layout rather than the standard QWERTY.)

Drew

J. Drew Allen
    Business Intelligence Analyst
    Philadelphia, PA

• jonathan.crawford wrote:

jasona.work wrote:

try this:

https://www.bltt.org/software/dasher/index.htm

you could get fancy and get the eye tracker with it, but the mouse works just fine

Nice one Jonathan!

😎

Found that the eye tracker isn't working too well when sitting out on the balcony with the shades on 😉

• drew.allen wrote:

jasona.work wrote:

I have cats who don't care if I'm in the middle of something important.  They demand to be petted NOW.  I've gotten fairly good at typing with one hand and petting with the other.  Now try it with a keyboard layout that doesn't match what's printed on the keys.  (I use the Dvorak keyboard layout rather than the standard QWERTY.)

Drew

Had the same cat problem

😎

HardProblemInYourFace#

• jasona.work wrote:

Ugh, hope you feel better soon. Haven't broken bones (knock on wood), but I've had a few bad sprains and one handed typing sucks.

I tried Dragon software at one point and it worked well for writing, but not sure it would work for code at all.

• Yeah, I forgot about Dragon. completely inconsistent, one time it would work perfectly and I'd feel like I was living in the future. Then it would be complete trash for a month, I'd rewrite more than I'd say. That was probably 5 or more years ago, maybe it's better now.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Please follow Best Practices For Posting On Forums to receive quicker and higher quality responses

• Eirikur Eiriksson wrote:

drew.allen wrote:

jasona.work wrote:

Drew

Had the same cat problem

😎

HardProblemInYourFace#

I love cats!  I just can't eat a whole one in a single sitting. 😀

--Jeff Moden

RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for Row-By-Agonizing-Row.
    First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
    ________Stop thinking about what you want to do to a ROW... think, instead, of what you want to do to a COLUMN.

Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.

Helpful Links:
    How to post code problems
    How to Post Performance Problems
    Create a Tally Function (fnTally)

• jonathan.crawford wrote:

Yeah, I forgot about Dragon. completely inconsistent, one time it would work perfectly and I'd feel like I was living in the future. Then it would be complete trash for a month, I'd rewrite more than I'd say. That was probably 5 or more years ago, maybe it's better now.

My wife worked for them for awhile. It's really, really good in domains. Doctors and medical pros use it and get 95%+ accuracy, measured as how many things an assistance or user needs to correct. That's pretty good, but if you think about typing 100 words and needing to fix 5, that's annoying.

With regular training, I think I got better than that for writing, probably 98-99%, but still had issues with the acronyms.

For us writing code. I think it would be a) very strange to spell out code, like we might with "period", "comma", etc. b) no good standard on how to approach this.

• Jeff Moden wrote:

Eirikur Eiriksson wrote:

drew.allen wrote:

jasona.work wrote:

Drew

Had the same cat problem

😎

HardProblemInYourFace#

I love cats!  I just can't eat a whole one in a single sitting. 😀

Often wonder if I should use rosemary or lemon....

😎

• Steve Jones - SSC Editor wrote:

jasona.work wrote:

Ugh, hope you feel better soon. Haven't broken bones (knock on wood), but I've had a few bad sprains and one handed typing sucks.

I tried Dragon software at one point and it worked well for writing, but not sure it would work for code at all.

Well, I'm trying to use the buil-in MS speech-to-text on my personal PC for emails and such, and it's OK.

I think by the time I could get something similar enabled / approved and installed on my work PC, I'd have both hands again...

It's the weird shoulder twist I need to do to use the keyboard while keeping my arm elevated and resting on something that's going to drive me to distraction...

Viewing 15 posts - 64,936 through 64,950 (of 66,547 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply