Are the posted questions getting worse?

• Took a couple of days off to start potty training and get back online this morning to discover my employer has designated Juneteenth to be a company holiday.

So, yay. People can attend vigils and protests on Friday.

Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

• Brandie Tarvin wrote:

Took a couple of days off to start potty training and get back online this morning to discover my employer has designated Juneteenth to be a company holiday.

That's great!  I had already requested Juneteenth off for different reasons.  I had planned on starting my birthday weekend by attending an online board game convention, but those plans changed when my identical twin brother had a heart attack.  Now I'm going in for a cardiac stress test.  And, to tie things back, the online board game convention was cancelled, because the parent company remained silent on Black Lives Matter, so the organizers quit in protest.  To say nothing is to take the side of the oppressor.

Drew

J. Drew Allen
    Business Intelligence Analyst
    Philadelphia, PA

• drew.allen wrote:

Brandie Tarvin wrote:

Took a couple of days off to start potty training and get back online this morning to discover my employer has designated Juneteenth to be a company holiday.

That's great!  I had already requested Juneteenth off for different reasons.  I had planned on starting my birthday weekend by attending an online board game convention, but those plans changed when my identical twin brother had a heart attack.  Now I'm going in for a cardiac stress test.  And, to tie things back, the online board game convention was cancelled, because the parent company remained silent on Black Lives Matter, so the organizers quit in protest.  To say nothing is to take the side of the oppressor.

Drew

I hope your brother gets better fast. I hope your stress test goes well.

And agreed on your last point. Silence is violence.

Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

• jasona.work wrote:

And now, how to put the brakes on a migration project...

Break your wrist on a bicycle ride so you only have one hand to type with and no immediate backup person to help out...

Yeah, I managed to do one heck of a number on my wrist, thankfully not my "strong" hand, but still...

Try doing all your typing with one hand...

As they say in the theatre business, next time, break a leg 😉

😎

• Brandie Tarvin wrote:

Gee Brandy, I would have thought that you would have been potty trained by now...

Wayne
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server 2008
    Author - SQL Server T-SQL Recipes

If you can't explain to another person how the code that you're copying from the internet works, then DON'T USE IT on a production system! After all, you will be the one supporting it!
    Links:
    For better assistance in answering your questions
    Performance Problems
    Common date/time routines
    Understanding and Using APPLY Part 1 & Part 2

• WayneS wrote:

Brandie Tarvin wrote:

Gee Brandy, I would have thought that you would have been potty trained by now...

Maybe it was a refresher course...

• Brandie Tarvin wrote:

drew.allen wrote:

Brandie Tarvin wrote:

Drew

I hope your brother gets better fast. I hope your stress test goes well.

And agreed on your last point. Silence is violence.

My brother had a stent put in and, in his words, he is doing "fantastic."

As for me, I'm optimistic.  I think that my dancing has helped me to stay in better shape than my brother, and I've also cut out Coca Cola and most salt from my diet resulting in me losing 15 pounds since the start of quarantine.  I've also been practicing reiki, which I find very much like meditation.

Drew

Drew

J. Drew Allen
    Philadelphia, PA

• Wait, dancing? Are we getting a video posted somewhere?

• Lynn Pettis wrote:

WayneS wrote:

Brandie Tarvin wrote:

Maybe it was a refresher course...

Wow. Not only does my name get spelled wrong, but two people act as if they've never heard of a pork chop launcher and are courting danger!

@=)

The sad thing is, the only way to keep the toddler on the potty is by surrendering my tablet so he can play toddler games.

The good thing is, 4 days after starting this and one day not being able to do it at all because of a work emergency, he's finally figured out to tell us when he's left something in the potty because it means he gets to play with the faucet (washing his hands is a necessary evil to get to splash water) and get a cracker or cookie in response. I started out with stickers. They worked a bit, but he much prefers his grandpa's gingersnaps.

He hasn't quite figured out how to tell us when he needs to go potty, so all we can do is get him seated on it until he goes. I'm really hoping this isn't going take very long.

• Steve Jones - SSC Editor wrote:

Wait, dancing? Are we getting a video posted somewhere?

I'm sure he's on Tik Tok already.

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

• Brandie Tarvin wrote:

He hasn't quite figured out how to tell us when he needs to go potty, so all we can do is get him seated on it until he goes. I'm really hoping this isn't going take very long.

As with all things around here, it depends ....

It was a very long time ago, but our son figured it out in about a month, while our daughter took the longest year of our lives year ...

• DesNorton wrote:

Brandie Tarvin wrote:

As with all things around here, it depends ....

It was a very long time ago, but our son figured it out in about a month, while our daughter took the longest year of our lives year ...

Same here. My otherwise borderline insanely obstinate son figured it out within a couple of weeks. My daughter was months and months of struggle. Although, lead to some great stories which we retell to her horror.

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
    - Theodore Roosevelt

Author of:
    SQL Server Execution Plans
    SQL Server Query Performance Tuning

• Eirikur Eiriksson wrote:

jasona.work wrote:

Break your wrist on a bicycle ride so you only have one hand to type with and no immediate backup person to help out...

Yeah, I managed to do one heck of a number on my wrist, thankfully not my "strong" hand, but still...

😎

Frankly, I'dve been happier if it had been my forearm instead of the wrist, probably in a cast for a while and done, instead of surgery tomorrow...

• jasona.work wrote:

Eirikur Eiriksson wrote:

jasona.work wrote:

😎

Frankly, I'dve been happier if it had been my forearm instead of the wrist, probably in a cast for a while and done, instead of surgery tomorrow...

I've not had to ever have something like that done to an appendage.  You won't need it but I wish you both the best of luck and a speedy recovery, Jason,

--Jeff Moden

RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for Row-By-Agonizing-Row.
    First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
    ________Stop thinking about what you want to do to a ROW... think, instead, of what you want to do to a COLUMN.

Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.

Helpful Links:
    How to post code problems
    How to Post Performance Problems
    Create a Tally Function (fnTally)

• Steve Jones - SSC Editor wrote:

Wait, dancing? Are we getting a video posted somewhere?

I'm too busy dancing to take videos, but I might be able to find something online.

Drew

J. Drew Allen
    Philadelphia, PA

Viewing 15 posts - 64,951 through 64,965 (of 66,549 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply