OK, something I've never done before. Would anyone object if I posted a GoFundMe link here? It's not for me in any way, shape, or form, but it is for a family member.
Some background: One of my nieces' is confined to a wheelchair. She's had a powerchair that can lift her to a standing position, but, well, like all mechanical things, it's finally given up the ghost. The problem is, such chairs are apparently seen as "luxuries," so while insurance will cover 80% of the cost, that still leaves 20%, not to mention, as the niece put it "that fight could take up to a year." Without a chair, she's basically immobile unless someone can carry her. So, she's trying to raise the funds to buy one outright. How much is a new chair? Well, lets put it this way, if she had the money to get one right now and wasn't confined to a wheelchair, she could get a base Porsche 718 Cayman S and have a fair chunk of change left over. Yeah, they're that expensive (starting around $75000)
So. If no one has an issue with this, I'd like to post the link here, just to try to help (and I'm not telling her I'm doing this, either.)