Viewing 15 posts - 14,866 through 14,880 (of 39,919 total)
If it's just log backup space, then I'd do this:
1. Switch to simple mode
2. Delete in batches
3. Switch back
4. Take diff backup
5. Start log backups again
This seems to be...
November 28, 2011 at 5:02 pm
I think LEN is a holdover from the other languages where that's a common function. Not sure when DATALENGTH was introduced (it's in 2000), but it might also be legacy...
November 28, 2011 at 3:36 pm
I'm confused. What space are you trying to save? You started posting as though you were having log space issues with this delete. Then you stated you kept two weeks...
November 28, 2011 at 3:31 pm
It's not trusting the client, but having a way to trace the data in the DMVs or Extended Events to a specific client when there's an issue.
You won't want to...
November 28, 2011 at 3:17 pm
Stress can be very hard to deal with, especially when it comes from friction between teams. I've tried to be more efficient at work, but also do a professional job....
November 28, 2011 at 2:48 pm
TravisDBA (11/28/2011)
WolforthJ (11/28/2011)
November 28, 2011 at 2:45 pm
If you aren't overly worried about recovery, then switch to simple, and delete in batches, which will limit log file size. Then switch back to full, make a full backup,...
November 28, 2011 at 2:03 pm
You can do that, but make a full backup after getting back to full so you can keep your recovery chain intact.
You can batch delete, and run log backups as...
November 28, 2011 at 10:24 am
Bruce,
My apologies if it seemed that I was complaining. I thought you had a nice script there and a great start. I wanted the OP to think it through a...
November 28, 2011 at 10:20 am
Jim Murphy (11/28/2011)
It's been about 15 or 20 years since I last went snow skiing. Maybe I'll have the chance in January if my session gets picked up. Never...
November 28, 2011 at 10:18 am
A couple notes.
First, I might actually try to do this more intelligently and read the current db size and then set some percentage. 10% of 10MB makes sense. 10% of...
November 28, 2011 at 9:52 am
Jim Murphy (11/28/2011)
Those pictures from skiing looked great. I'm glad you got some serious time away!Welcome home.
Thanks, we had a great time, great weather. Not a ton of snow, but...
November 28, 2011 at 8:45 am
The state of tracing shared users isn't great.
On the client side, I wasn't thinking of an altering code but more something like a "@debug=1" passed into procs as an additional...
November 28, 2011 at 8:45 am
Ray K (11/22/2011)
SQLDCH (11/21/2011)
Any comments on the Astros situation?
I think it makes sense. Can you name another professional league that has 16 teams in one league and 14 in...
November 28, 2011 at 7:29 am
Ray K (11/21/2011)
Well, I guess we can call Justin Verlander Mr. Cy MVP.
Saw this last week on vacation. Glad to see it and glad that no bias prevented it. He...
November 28, 2011 at 7:27 am
Viewing 15 posts - 14,866 through 14,880 (of 39,919 total)