Viewing 15 posts - 27,001 through 27,015 (of 39,922 total)
SQL Server doesn't automatically delete the files, someone had to move them or delete them. I'd investigate moves. Search for them on the drives, a shaky mouse hand could have...
September 28, 2008 at 7:31 am
The groups will cause the user to be validated against AD with the trusted connection. This is what you're after, though it might seem a bit funny. When the user...
September 28, 2008 at 7:29 am
The design is fine for storing the data, but having those LIKE queries will slow you down and guarantee that the server works hard on every query.
You want to query...
September 28, 2008 at 7:28 am
Perhaps a silly question, but have you rebooted? i've seen that clear up some bad query plans.
Do you have any reference execution plans to examine the slow queries and see...
September 28, 2008 at 7:21 am
We tried this at one point and almost no one commented. Once they hit another site, they tend to comment there.
I think comments are best left on that site, with...
September 26, 2008 at 7:58 pm
Good point, and it might be something we ask Instant Forums (the maker of the software) to include it. I can see value in the OP.
Popping a new window doesn't...
September 26, 2008 at 7:57 pm
The backup name shouldn't matter, it's the data in there. You need the logical names to "move" the files, but you should just restore this file as a database name...
September 26, 2008 at 2:55 pm
You've got incorrect pathing, and the error is you're creating a folder that exists. There isn't error checking here on this, as the maintenance plans are very basic.
You don't want...
September 26, 2008 at 2:50 pm
If you have the required horsepower, and I don't think it changed much for Express, I'd go with 2008. No reason to go with 2005, which will be out of...
September 26, 2008 at 11:29 am
I'd recommend Itziks' books. If they get too complicated, move to the next section, but he does a great job going over things.
September 26, 2008 at 11:28 am
I think source control is good, but if you have a lot of developers, it can be rather cumbercome and confusing. What I'd do is once they think they have...
September 26, 2008 at 11:27 am
First, maintenance plans and devices aren't related. They're different concepts. You can use devices with or without maintenance plans. Note I don't recommend devices. They're a hold over from older...
September 26, 2008 at 11:25 am
September 26, 2008 at 11:22 am
For 2 rows, or 10, or maybe 100, it will scan. It's not worth the effort to scan an index and then go get the data from the table. A...
September 26, 2008 at 11:21 am
It can help if there's an index, but not sure that it would help on an index column.
September 26, 2008 at 11:16 am
Viewing 15 posts - 27,001 through 27,015 (of 39,922 total)