Viewing 15 posts - 27,016 through 27,030 (of 39,922 total)
Is there a stop/start in 2005 as there was in 2000? Don't see one, and I think that each time you call the XP, it logs on, doesn't keep a...
September 26, 2008 at 11:16 am
I edited your post so it wouldn't require so much scrolling.
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms188787.aspx
sp_configure changes options. OR you can use SSMS and right click the server, properties, adjust the values there.
September 26, 2008 at 11:14 am
I don't think so, but you might need a restart of dbmail. Haven't tested this in 2005 and no Exchange server (or 2) to try with.
September 26, 2008 at 11:13 am
Planning and initial development of SQL 11 is going on. I'd file these on Connect (connect.microsoft.com) and get this in front of those people that will do the design. I...
September 26, 2008 at 11:12 am
I agree with Glen, this sounds like client tool corruption.
September 26, 2008 at 11:10 am
Are things still running, meaning do you see lots of disk IO taking place? I think it could run long, and yes, you're lose the work.
If you have enterprise, you...
September 26, 2008 at 11:09 am
Or send him to Alaska :hehe:, let Bob deal with him.
September 26, 2008 at 11:08 am
When you click reply, there is a "Last 10 Posts" section below the edit box and reply options. It is closed by default, but you can open it to see...
September 26, 2008 at 8:46 am
Very interesting responses, and a lot of what I expected, though Phil's "promote him" caught me a little off guard. Phil, too much civil service work, perhaps?
Firing Evelyn isn't something...
September 26, 2008 at 8:39 am
I would run backups. Sooner or later a developer will break something and want to get the schema from yesterday.
September 25, 2008 at 8:16 pm
Add the AD groups as logins, not the users, and assign permissions to the group.
September 25, 2008 at 8:15 pm
Wow, that's surprising. Wonder if that happens in 2008. I'll have to check that.
September 25, 2008 at 8:07 pm
I'd pass in the stuff you have, then maybe query information_schema.columns for the table name, get the columns. You can concatenate those in a query and then build a string...
September 25, 2008 at 1:36 pm
I'd really love to hear what other people think is a "healthy" database. Hmm, maybe that would be a good Friday poll 😉
I think that health has to be measured...
September 25, 2008 at 1:35 pm
With merge, it's publisher/subscriber, but not really. If one server goes down, the other one still has all the data it should (or that's committed). If you have a load...
September 25, 2008 at 1:28 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 27,016 through 27,030 (of 39,922 total)