Viewing 15 posts - 26,986 through 27,000 (of 39,922 total)
Chris has it correct, scope_identity is what you want.
September 29, 2008 at 7:52 am
Deleting it in chunks is actually faster, not huge. When you are trying to drop 10mm records at once, it starts to eat up resources. I've seen deletes that are...
September 28, 2008 at 8:33 am
I'm not sure how well this would work. It's one thing when someone intentionally writes for a level, which is what MSDN does, but another when someone is just writing...
September 28, 2008 at 8:00 am
Good idea, and I'll add this one to the list. Would be good to see # of replies.
September 28, 2008 at 7:54 am
I'll add that one to the list. I think it's saved in your cookie.
September 28, 2008 at 7:51 am
No, the backup log command does not work with simple mode.
You would use dbcc shrinkfile.
September 28, 2008 at 7:50 am
This is like saying you forgot your Windows sign on and what can we do? There's nothing we can do. You need an admin to help as noted above.
September 28, 2008 at 7:48 am
You should set your maintenance plans to log, they can do this in text files and don't necessarily need to send to the SQL Server error logs.
September 28, 2008 at 7:44 am
Go search for another file, who knows what name, but a .bak file with the same timestamp as this one.
September 28, 2008 at 7:43 am
If you are loading often, you're creating a hot spot on the disks. Logs could be an issue here.
I'd get the logs onto separate disks, a small R1 array could...
September 28, 2008 at 7:42 am
Is there an error logging switch? Some loaders can throw the bad records elsewhere.
Otherwise you need to look at the error and then try to figure out which row(s) it...
September 28, 2008 at 7:39 am
Change the script, figure out which process is doing what you need and don't kill that one.
September 28, 2008 at 7:38 am
The bcp/truncate works well if you can. I typically delete large sets of data in batches, 10k rows or so at a time. Seems to work faster.
You always want free...
September 28, 2008 at 7:36 am
What is "gets done"? Do you mean updated?
This is what you want. We don't want to have to update all instances with patches. You apply the patch twice.
September 28, 2008 at 7:32 am
Viewing 15 posts - 26,986 through 27,000 (of 39,922 total)