Viewing 15 posts - 26,536 through 26,550 (of 39,922 total)
I think there are still jobs out there, and surprisingly I've been contacted by a lot of recruiters lately with jobs in the Denver area.
Keep your resume up to date,...
November 6, 2008 at 6:43 am
Please let us know if this changes things. I'd also watch reads and index size before and after if you can and let us know.
Steve
November 5, 2008 at 1:12 pm
which blog site? Probably not me, as the Redriven doesn't sound familiar. I'll check it out.
November 5, 2008 at 10:45 am
Partitioning is built for this type of issue, but will it help? Can you separate out partitions to separate disks? It might reduce blocking on loads to load a new...
November 5, 2008 at 9:43 am
the rules are the same at a small or large level. You design to store and query data efficiently. You might need to add things at a large level like...
November 5, 2008 at 9:38 am
Very strange. Can you set this up on a 2nd drive and see if the schedule works?
If you run the schedule now (if you can), does it fail?
November 5, 2008 at 9:37 am
Is this one index or 4?
If you remove "no" and "id" what happens?
November 5, 2008 at 9:28 am
I would try a new file. You might have some bad blocks in there. The disk should handle it, but using the same file might cause issues. Have you tried...
November 5, 2008 at 8:03 am
Are you backing up to disk or tape?
Are you using devices or files?
Do you go to the same set every day? (not recommended)
November 5, 2008 at 7:10 am
You should not be looking at the files themselves in terms of managing SQL Server, other than seeing how large they are v how much disk space in free on...
November 5, 2008 at 7:03 am
Participate if you can add something. Not everywhere or every time, but become involved, at least where you have some ideas, skills, or strong opinions. Especially at work. I think...
November 4, 2008 at 11:00 am
Anders, move to Denver, I'll help you manage those older systems. I enjoyed v6.5!
November 3, 2008 at 10:39 am
A reply from Jay Nichols (he's having posting issues):
Create a function like this and your data will be parsed into a table which you can then use to update data...
November 3, 2008 at 8:47 am
Hey, it's a big election year, what can I say 🙂
Maybe a few politicians should read this one.:P
November 3, 2008 at 8:47 am
Viewing 15 posts - 26,536 through 26,550 (of 39,922 total)