Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 26,551 through 26,565 (of 39,922 total)

  • RE: Cannot open user default database

    The default database set up for your login is not working. Before clicking "Connect", choose a database like master in the options tab.

  • RE: Database Mirroring

    Keep in mind that it's not the size of the db, it's the load, the number of transactions. Look at your log backup sizes and see if the bandwidth between...

  • RE: Life is Like a Manure Spreader

    top of the hill would be nice, edge of the gully better. Unfortunately some seem resistant to that training. Like in business, some are happy to drop where they eat...

  • RE: Update Query

    First I'd be consistent with != and . Choose one.

    Second, why the right join? Why not an inner join on the update? I suspect the problem is there, but I'm...

  • RE: Unusual Query Discrepency

    What are the data types? Is this 1 row only with 607 for Col4?

  • RE: MS SQL SERVER 2005 surface area configuration manager

    Perhaps a bad installation of it. I haven't seen this to be a problem on other machines.

  • RE: Why can you use"-+-+-+" in tsql?

    It's not likely anyone uses this, but it's a valid extension of the operators. You might want two of them (or 3) for some reason, but you typically wouldn't use...

  • RE: Query in 2000 returns in 1 second, in 2005 it runs for more than six minutes

    I'd double check indexes as well. I've seen people assuming they're the same when they aren't.

  • RE: Text Data

    Hugo,

    As always, thanks for catching the mistake. I have clarified the question.

    It is a deprecated feature, but there are plenty of 2000 instances out there and I wouldn't be surprised...

  • RE: Halloween

    The humor questions always have a disproportionate number of points. They're fun, and hopefully everyone gets them right so it doesn't matter.

    13 being a bad luck, spooky kind of number...

  • RE: Loading database with the latest .bak file

    you can still use the scripting or the T-SQL, but do it in an SSIS package.

    You use BIDS to create a package, add a T-SQL task, and include your T-SQL...

  • RE: type of data for a long string !?

    SQL just doesn't work well with large strings. I'd suggest that you take another look at what you're doing.

    Perhaps post what you're trying to accomplish with this string and we...

  • RE: using CLR assembly

    I'm not sure it's a cliff jumping, and our OP feels her thread was a little hijacked.

    Please debate this elsewhere. Although it's a good debate, it appears the question was...

  • RE: Monitoring databases

    I favor the offline approach, but you're likely to upset some people. Instead, if you suspect something isn't being touched, set it to autoclose. It will close, but more importantly,...

  • RE: about sql server2005 relication and publish ,the database is growing big and big

    You likely have subscribers not picking up the updates, which is why the distributor is so large.

    Replication Monitor should help you determine where the holdups are.

Viewing 15 posts - 26,551 through 26,565 (of 39,922 total)