Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 18,181 through 18,195 (of 39,936 total)

  • RE: Log Shipping between SQL SERVER 2008 32bit and 64bit

    No, the files are the same, the transactions are the same. The difference is only the SQL Server executable files.

  • RE: SQL Server 2008 Build List

    I didn't get the package myself, but there should be some documentation in there. The SNAC is for clients, and perhaps there's an issue with clients that connect to a...

  • RE: Big Data and SQL

    Eric Russell 13013 (9/21/2010)


    I hope society never advances to the point where an understanding of relational set theory by the average person is required just to get by; most of...

  • RE: Attended my first SQL Satruday

    I would bet there will be something in the Chicago area, or nearby, in the next year.

  • RE: Are the posted questions getting worse?

    Paul White NZ (9/21/2010)


    jcrawf02 (9/21/2010)


    I'm with Bob on this one, not sure I fully understand all the requests, but the ones I got look useful to me.

    Look useful and interesting,...

  • RE: Are the posted questions getting worse?

    Paul White NZ (9/21/2010)


    ...

    The current SQL development model is to address a small number of main product features in each new major release. The downside to that is that...

  • RE: NoSQL Is Not Everywhere

    Joe Johnson-482549 (9/21/2010)


    Hi Steve,

    On the comment you made about hoping an architect doesn't disclude something because it is new ... we do this all of the time due to...

  • RE: NoSQL Is Not Everywhere

    mtillman-921105 (9/21/2010)


    To what extent were relational DBMS created because drive space wasn't cheap and processing power was weak? Big, flat tables weren't helpful in either case years ago. ...

  • RE: Shouldn't the trans log backup be truncating my log file?

    I never append. You are risking your databases in one file, and if something happens to any part of that file, you could be completely without backups. I always use...

  • RE: SAN Connected Environment ans System databases

    I would agree with Geoff. The master/model/msdb databases shouldn't see a lot of activity, so they don't need to be separate. The tempdb will, so having a separate LUN for...

  • RE: Sql 2k8 Backup Log command change

    I think moving to simple mode is the same thing, and cleaner. It's different, and it involves the change of code, but I think that the ALTER does the same...

  • RE: Are the posted questions getting worse?

    You did a good job, and posted sample code that I was thinking to post as well. Good job, Gail.

  • RE: Are the posted questions getting worse?

    Not surprising. Defaults can be a touch confusing and I could see why this might be an issue.

  • RE: GetDate() not working

    Gail is correct, the column NULL setting doesnt' change defaults.

    If you don't reference the column in your insert statement, the default should apply. For example:

    CREATE TABLE [dbo].[MyFirstTable](

    [MyID] [int] NULL,

    [MyChar] [varchar](50)...

  • RE: T-sql to find names of objects

    Perhaps you could explain what you are trying to do or why you want this? We might be able to help, or let you know if you might be viewing...

Viewing 15 posts - 18,181 through 18,195 (of 39,936 total)