Tips on studying for certifications

• I thought this was a pretty good post, and wanted to share it here, since people are always asking how to prepare for certifications. sqljoe has a bunch of good tips on how he got MCTS SQL Server 2005 (431), MCTS SQL Server 2008 DBA (432), MCTS SQL Server Business Intelligence (448) and MCITP SQL Server 2008 DBA in 30 days.

"4 certifications in 30 days" [/url]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Thanks for recommending my Blog post.:-)

Jose Chinchilla aka @sqljoe

http://www.sqljoe.com

• Some good advice and pointers. Especially for those out there preparing/wanting to focus on new technology like myslef.

Thanks

• I think braindumps are the best way to preparation.

Editor: Removed link

• zenchew (9/21/2010)

I think braindumps are the best way to preparation.

Braindumps are not the best way to prepare. They a shortcut and they don't teach you. We have enough people that suck at their jobs. We have enough people that come here and ask questions about the jobs they don't know how to do.

Be a professional. If you want to work in this business, learn how to do it.

• Steve Jones - Editor (9/22/2010)

zenchew (9/21/2010)

I think braindumps are the best way to preparation.

Braindumps are not the best way to prepare. They a shortcut and they don't teach you.

Plus they're cheating and using them can result in your certification being revoked.

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply