Viewing 15 posts - 8,416 through 8,430 (of 59,098 total)
Major congrats on the "term" to "perm" thing. They should rename the "term" position to "Damocles".
As for migrating SSIS packages, I've discovered a sure fire way to not...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 9, 2019 at 3:51 pm
Hi all,
I'm fairly new to the dba side of things, and wondered if you could give me some pointers as to a possible solution to an issue that's occurred...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 9, 2019 at 3:35 pm
Hi
Thank you for your compliment
This will encourage me writing more article 🙂
It's good question about performance in large dataset when using recursive group
It will be nice to make some...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 9, 2019 at 3:33 pm
p.s. The questions I asked above (and possibly more) would be the kind of questions (obviously not identical because there were no deletes) that I would have asked an interviewer...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 9, 2019 at 3:21 pm
Estimating the space requirement for database restores from the backup size can be really misleading. One of the largest problems in this area is that free space in...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 8, 2019 at 10:12 pm
This is a nice script and I thank you for taking the time to post it.
Just a couple of thoughts, though. Your article states...
This query can be helpful for knowing...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 8, 2019 at 4:13 pm
Well, I'm becoming a happier camper...
Sunday I officially flip from being a "Term" appointment (and thus needing to essentially compete for my job every couple years,) to a "Perm"...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 7, 2019 at 11:54 pm
Otoh, why are you specifying a column as a key that needs updated??
Missed this before... + 1 Billion!!!
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 7, 2019 at 11:40 pm
I ran code that Paul posted on the Azure Feedback. While I understand the angst there and a lot of people will argue with me about it, I would attribute...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 7, 2019 at 11:35 pm
Re Jeffs comment Did the identify any limits or extenuating circumstances?
I was tasked with importing over 15000000 rows of data, first having to delete a massive amount of existing...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 7, 2019 at 10:52 pm
And... was that all there was to the question? Did they identify the source of the data? Did the identify any limits or extenuating circumstances?
Better than that, did you have...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 6, 2019 at 9:40 pm
Hat's off to you. I don't use SSRS but this looks like a really well thought out article with the correct order of revelation and all the right screen shots.
The...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 5, 2019 at 7:44 pm
To add something,
Its recommended to have all the tempdb data files the same size, that's why Microsoft have added a feature in which not only one file but all...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 5, 2019 at 7:38 pm
Agreed on both the addition you made for the bullet proofing and, considering the situation, going incognito. Heh... I dare not go incognito... it would remove some self-imposed limits and...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 4, 2019 at 11:30 pm
If you DO actually have 100's of servers you need to do this to, then you actually do need some help because if you do actually land or build...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 4, 2019 at 10:57 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 8,416 through 8,430 (of 59,098 total)