Viewing 15 posts - 8,431 through 8,445 (of 59,098 total)
I guess I don't understand why anyone would write software based on the knowledge of novices. If it's important for a novice to be able to maintain something...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 4, 2019 at 9:16 pm
I don't understand why anyone would use a CLR function for such a thing to begin with. Is the CLR getting the ISO data from some URL or what?
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 4, 2019 at 8:51 pm
Hi Jeff
So you can do this across different sql versions because we are migrating / upgrading from sql server 2012 (production) to sql server 2016 (new server)?
you can apply...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 4, 2019 at 7:05 pm
Here's the way I've done such a thing many times now...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 4, 2019 at 4:35 pm
what happened to good old fashioned command prompt tools
dir /s *.ldfnone of this fancy SQL malarkey 🙂
Heh... I love it! No PoSh required, either.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 4, 2019 at 4:18 pm
I agree that sys.objects is a good source for the brunt of what you're looking for. Unfortunately, it doesn't cover everything. For example, indexes, statistics, and partitions aren't covered by...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 4, 2019 at 4:12 pm
You're spot-on I think. Paging (or other remote options, sorting, filtering. etc.), however it's accomplished, should not be used without consideration for the issues it brings (especially potential inconsistency,...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 4, 2019 at 3:39 pm
Jeff -
There are other options out there. Databases that use multi-version read consistency do exactly what you are asking - present an accurate picture of the state of data...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 4, 2019 at 3:14 pm
I know this sounds obvious, so apologies if it is for whomever reads this. I just wanted to say it out loud if it's not obvious...
This reminds me of a...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 4, 2019 at 2:38 pm
**) Management can often have unsolvable request, 'like draw seven perpendicular lines'. A senior should be able to stand up 'against' management for this type of request.
I love that...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 4, 2019 at 1:39 pm
Our problem is that our ERP is ancient, there is no primary key between the sales header and line tables, there is no timestamp on the sales line table,...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 4, 2019 at 1:29 pm
We will soon be able to drop support for SQL 2008R2 from our product making SQL 2014 the minimum...
I strongly recommend that you upgrade that to the latest and...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 4, 2019 at 1:24 pm
I wonder why you specifically mentioned 2017. It works the same in all versions from 2005 and up.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 4, 2019 at 4:19 am
I have a database with no compression on the tables(source). I want to create a blank database(destination) where I can create the tables with "data_compression = Page" and then...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 4, 2019 at 3:37 am
Whats diff of job tasks between junior developer and senior sql developer u all would say? Thanks
Thom is mostly right in that "It Depends" on the company but let...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 3, 2019 at 5:56 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 8,431 through 8,445 (of 59,098 total)