Replication help

• Hi all,

I'm fairly new to the dba side of things, and wondered if you could give me some pointers as to a possible solution to an issue that's occurred where I work.

On site A we have 2 sql servers in Always On Availability Group with a very high-throughput DB, and up till last week had a server on site B that was kept in sync via replication.

Without going into detail, replication was broken between Site A and Site B last week, and since then we've struggled to re-enable replication between the sites. My first thought was to stop access to the DB on Site A for a period of time whilst we get replication back up and running using a full backup, and wondered if anyone could suggest anything different I could try. I think we have licences for Redgate SQL Compare so that might be another potential workaround?

Thoughts and comments greatly appreciated.

• Thanks for posting your issue and hopefully someone will answer soon.

This is an automated bump to increase visibility of your question.

• jpnorman103 what kind of replication?

Are you replicating schema changes?

Alex S
  • jpnorman103 wrote:

Hi all,

I'm fairly new to the dba side of things, and wondered if you could give me some pointers as to a possible solution to an issue that's occurred where I work.

On site A we have 2 sql servers in Always On Availability Group with a very high-throughput DB, and up till last week had a server on site B that was kept in sync via replication.

Without going into detail, replication was broken between Site A and Site B last week, and since then we've struggled to re-enable replication between the sites. My first thought was to stop access to the DB on Site A for a period of time whilst we get replication back up and running using a full backup, and wondered if anyone could suggest anything different I could try. I think we have licences for Redgate SQL Compare so that might be another potential workaround?

Thoughts and comments greatly appreciated.

Curious... were you able to fix this?

--Jeff Moden

RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for Row-By-Agonizing-Row.
    First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
    ________Stop thinking about what you want to do to a ROW... think, instead, of what you want to do to a COLUMN.

Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.

Helpful Links:
    How to post code problems
    How to Post Performance Problems
    Create a Tally Function (fnTally)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply