Viewing 15 posts - 8,206 through 8,220 (of 59,098 total)
Thanks! Sorry, I want to take it back what i said previously, it's a vendor product but it does have some user dbs and vendor db's. Under the heavy...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 6, 2019 at 12:12 am
Then again, given my current t-log activity, perhaps it won't even go beyond the 2GB size...
That, good Sir, is precisely what I'm thinking. If it does grow, 1GB growth...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 5, 2019 at 4:29 pm
p.s. I've also adopted the policy of NVO (No Verbal Orders), especially for "urgencies". It there's not a well documented ticket to support the urgency, it doesn't get...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 5, 2019 at 4:24 pm
Jeff, I did miss that second part, so my apologies. So you're suggesting shrinking it to 0 to clear up any fragmentation issues, then resize it to the...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 5, 2019 at 3:38 pm
I learned very early on that NOTHING should ever go directly from file (or whatever) to table because of the crap factor that every mentions. I also use a staging...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 5, 2019 at 3:35 pm
Nice one, sergey
Agreed. I'm not sure why 3 people's votes came out at a low "3". I gave it a 5.
The unexpected good thing about it is that the...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 5, 2019 at 3:15 pm
I'm not sure who or what marked the post by fgrodriguez as spam but I'm reposting it here so that the de-spaminator doesn't delete it.
I'll also state I'm a bit...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 5, 2019 at 3:00 pm
Hi Lowell,
I execute as follow
insert into [dbo].[master_profile]([profile_name], [profile_ic_no])
select [NAMA], [NOKP_NEW]
from [dbo].[EMPMAS_DATA]
insert into [dbo].[master_individual]([profile_id], [identification_no])
select
MyLookup.profile_ic_no,
MySource.[NOKP_NEW]
from [dbo].[EMPMAS_DATA] MySource
INNER JOIN [dbo].[master_profile]...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 5, 2019 at 2:57 pm
Explosive growth of TempDB is normally caused by just one thing... some code that has created a many-to-many join, accidentally or not. To emphasize the problem with this, let's call...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 5, 2019 at 2:51 pm
Heh... like I said, I even said to immediately regrow it to 2GB in my first post on the subject. 😀
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 5, 2019 at 2:42 pm
I'm with Jeff on your analysis, but not on his suggestion on tackling the Transaction Log (not completely, at least!)
I'd still go with the shrink the size to 0...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 5, 2019 at 2:30 pm
Worth reading about Netflix and the Chaos Monkey approach
Do you have any links? (or did I simply miss them in the article?)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 5, 2019 at 2:03 pm
Thanks, Jeff!
I completely understand your rationale for shrinking the log file to 0 for the reasons you mentioned, but let me ask—in your experience, how resource intensive is the...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 5, 2019 at 2:00 pm
IMHO, your analysis is spot on, Mike. You only need to decide on what the growth of each file should be in MB.
Since the Log file did grow by 10%...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 5, 2019 at 4:52 am
Thank you for your reply! That is very helpful 🙂 I need to run this purge job once a week but unfortunately I don't know how many rows it...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 5, 2019 at 4:36 am
Viewing 15 posts - 8,206 through 8,220 (of 59,098 total)