Viewing 15 posts - 8,221 through 8,235 (of 59,098 total)
Our annual DiRT testing takes place this weekend. We're not Google by any means but it's just as important to us. The whole company gets involved in one form or...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 5, 2019 at 4:16 am
Jeff Moden wrote:Exactly and well said. And if someone keeps in mind that there will almost always be...
2.A better answer...
Especially with my code :-/
Heh... so say we all about our...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 4, 2019 at 10:08 pm
Sam, I hope you didn't miss the following because that SHRINK FILE stuff isn't going to solve your slow deletes.
https://www.sqlservercentral.com/forums/topic/slow-deletes#post-3704281
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 4, 2019 at 9:44 pm
jeff- you just made me laugh out loud and spill my tea all over my new keyboard about job security. I was chatting to a guy I work with...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 4, 2019 at 9:40 pm
Yes. I tried the shrinkfile but it doesnt release free space which is around 500MB. I dont know why!!
Ok... I'm humbled. NICE CALL MIKE!!! 😀
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 4, 2019 at 9:38 pm
I wonder whether I will be cast out from The Thread as a maverick grammar nutjob for suggesting that NSO would be a better abbreviation, given that 'verbal' means...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 4, 2019 at 9:29 pm
We combine OPENQUERY against a LinkedServer and it does appear to help performance quite a bit (especially when pointing at AS400s or IBM PowerSystems). I have no measured stats...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 4, 2019 at 4:49 pm
close connection/work with dev team is good ,but I am adapting to reality
I guess I'll have to introduce you to the idea of "Informative Pork Chop Dinners". 😀
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 4, 2019 at 4:46 pm
Shoot... I'm just happy to be on someone's list. 😀 😀 😀
I meet Steve and Grant before they knew how to spell RedGate. I don't remember exactly but...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 4, 2019 at 4:42 pm
one of the things we were taught(more than 20 years ago) was how to do capacity planning, how many rows per page, work out what was out of row...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 4, 2019 at 4:36 pm
another question - it's so blindingly obvious that I forgot to ask.
when you are shrinking, are you using truncateonly in the dbcc script?
Great question, Mike.
I'm thinking that...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 4, 2019 at 3:45 pm
p.s. I've also adopted the policy of NVO (No Verbal Orders), especially for "urgencies". It there's not a well documented ticket to support the urgency, it doesn't get done. While...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 4, 2019 at 3:15 pm
What I hate is when you get the 'Urgent' email on a request for some data. Then you spend the rest of the day working on it. Then the...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 4, 2019 at 3:12 pm
another question - it's so blindingly obvious that I forgot to ask.
when you are shrinking, are you using truncateonly in the dbcc script?
Great question, Mike.
I'm thinking that it's the...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 4, 2019 at 2:55 pm
p.s.
And please don't skip answering any of the questions... they're actually quite important to all of this and the "plan" that I have in mind. One of the problems with...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 4, 2019 at 2:50 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 8,221 through 8,235 (of 59,098 total)