Viewing 15 posts - 4,741 through 4,755 (of 59,098 total)
I have noticed that rebuilding indexes on a couple of the tables referenced in that query statement can improve performance temporarily.
That causes a recompile of anything that uses...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 30, 2021 at 4:57 pm
You can't really track user behavior through the logs. Without specialized tools, you can't view the information in the logs. That's really not what the logs are for. It's...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 30, 2021 at 4:49 pm
I set my sql server recovery mode as FULL,so all of the logs will be fully recorded. if so, how can I use the log to track if users'...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 30, 2021 at 4:46 pm
in SQL Server, which operations will use more CPU resource? it seems that compilation and recompilation will lead to high CPU workload. are there any other operation will cause...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 30, 2021 at 4:36 pm
I'm betting that SSC is not a great marketing tool for Redgate.
It used to be and could be/should be again.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 30, 2021 at 3:14 pm
Redgate has grown to be a very successful company with a declared profit of 9.7M GBP in 2019 Fin Year....so it's not like they couldn't afford to sort many...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 30, 2021 at 2:02 pm
I was on the Visual Studio marketplace the other day. Stumbled across this tool.
https://marketplace.visualstudio.com/items?itemName=MAQSoftware.SQLCodeCheck
I was hoping it would be a simple tool to root out basic...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 30, 2021 at 1:54 pm
So, my personal and heartfelt request as a member of "the community that was", I'd love it if you and JLS (another recent revisitor) and a host...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 30, 2021 at 12:37 pm
I new they were moving the Microsoft Feedback site from "user voice" to something else but all of my feedback links now lead to the following stupidity...
https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/feedback/
Clicing on the...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 30, 2021 at 1:15 am
As is usual, excellent article, Mala. Thank you for taking the time to do the research and then put pen to paper in a meaningful and readable manner.
To quote from...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 29, 2021 at 9:22 pm
Your multiple views use the same tables over and over again.
For example, table [Lease] is mentioned in your query plan 20 times, [User_area] - 21 times.
I did not bother...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 29, 2021 at 8:30 pm
I try to never let anyone know when I have some "free" time because too many people want a piece of it. 😀
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 28, 2021 at 9:10 pm
Thanks, Steve.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 28, 2021 at 8:43 pm
From the article:
Can a system be secure if you change it multiple times a day?
I cringe every time I see those or similar words. Many will disagree with me but...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 27, 2021 at 2:40 am
Heh... good lord. It's been so long since I looked at that built in report that I'd forgotten a couple major (IMHO) flaws it has...
First, It does NOT...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 26, 2021 at 2:46 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 4,741 through 4,755 (of 59,098 total)