Viewing 15 posts - 4,726 through 4,740 (of 59,098 total)
Ah... be careful. Changing the clustered index on the quick fly could cost you everywhere else.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 6, 2021 at 11:39 pm
What other useful DBA reports do you suggest? Maybe something we would run every month or so to check that our environment is configured/running optimally. We have these...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 5, 2021 at 6:18 pm
Rod. Do you have a description that you can share of the particular "Analysis Paralysis" instance that you're talking about?
I ask because I've seen a huge number of articles that...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 5, 2021 at 5:24 pm
Heh... this site left me no choice, Grant. I had to give this article only 5 stars because it won't let me give it 1000!
It's amazing how many "Brown Leaf"...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 5, 2021 at 6:56 am
I have a query that is using DATEDIFF to calculate the number of minutes, of course as an integer, but I may need the extra precision of showing this...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 3, 2021 at 6:26 pm
It's hard to tell.... are you looking for confirmation about your "assumption" or ???
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 2, 2021 at 8:04 pm
<sigh>
So I post a comment over at DBA Stack Exchange, because I know what I'm posting isn't an answer. I get dinged for it because it almost reads like...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 2, 2021 at 8:02 pm
Confirmed! Messages, Followers, and Following are all back! Thanks, Steve!
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 2, 2021 at 6:41 pm
What other useful DBA reports do you suggest? Maybe something we would run every month or so to check that our environment is configured/running optimally. We have these so...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 2, 2021 at 1:57 am
As a bit of a sidebar, the TOP thing may have been someones attempt to "set a row goal" to trick the optimizer into doing a better job. The thing...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 2, 2021 at 1:34 am
Hello,
We have truncated a huge table (50+ million) rows in sql server which was created for testing purpose.
However the disk space is not released back.
Any pointers on how to...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 1, 2021 at 10:53 pm
Shifting gears a bit and speaking of the community on this site, someone made a new addition to Wiktionary a month or so ago. I'm sure that most of you...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 31, 2021 at 3:01 am
My comment was to Grant and was meant as a general comment. If you'd like to quantify it, go back to the testing that I did that was mostly ignored...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 31, 2021 at 2:58 am
Thanks, Steve. I really appreciate it. Are there similar links for "followers" and "following"?
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 31, 2021 at 2:41 am
That's fantastic. How do we read old messages? I'm not seeing it anywhere in my profile. It's entirely possible that this ol' brain forgot something so I'll ask, do you...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 30, 2021 at 9:32 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 4,726 through 4,740 (of 59,098 total)