Viewing 15 posts - 4,756 through 4,770 (of 59,098 total)
Thanks, JLS... your answers are great... especially the implied answer of "you're all set". I can "play" at my leisure, which I have disturbingly little time to do lately because...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 26, 2021 at 2:26 pm
Shifting gears back to your good question, I'm curious...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 26, 2021 at 5:18 am
The company I work for only has me. I do get some good help hardware wise from the Infrastructure Group and they're the ones that copy backups to tape, etc,...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 26, 2021 at 5:02 am
Heh... good lord. It's been so long since I looked at that built in report that I'd forgotten a couple major (IMHO) flaws it has...
First, It does NOT report the...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 26, 2021 at 4:30 am
Be VERY aware that the Schema Changes History report is based on the "Default Trace". The default trace "file" is actually incredibly small. Even with the 6 they roll through,...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 26, 2021 at 4:08 am
@stephen.aa ,
The bottom line here is that it looks like you might be coming to SQL Server from Oracle and I'll tell you that SQL <> SQL and, for sure,...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 26, 2021 at 4:00 am
That and the also-prevviously-reported-fact that "Followers" and "Following" have also disappeared. Are you good folks actually doing anything to fix this and doing something to prevent such things from happening...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 25, 2021 at 6:28 pm
big financial group - lots of sub companies/teams
Do YOU maintain all of those servers or do most of the sub-companies have someone taking care of business for their own...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 25, 2021 at 6:22 pm
When I run the piece for creating #staging:
Column name or number of supplied values does not match table definition.
Thx,
I'd gotten interrupted while I was working on the code. I...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 25, 2021 at 5:58 pm
Looking at the Clustered Index for the oeordlin_sql table, I'm a wee bit concerned (especially for insert and update performance) over having the leading column be in the...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 25, 2021 at 5:36 pm
Heh... Welcome back again, JLS. As you can see, some things haven't changed. 😉
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 25, 2021 at 5:21 pm
You can do something like this with dbatools.
A little bit of PowerShell and you can script out all you're looking for.
Since there are a whole lot of individual...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 25, 2021 at 5:14 pm
Is it anyway to see if ever existed in table, and if they did, how/when they were deleted?
If it happened kind of recently, you could read the transaction log...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 25, 2021 at 5:11 pm
It IS small and I love it.
What do you folks do where you need 750 servers and half of those are "prod"?
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 25, 2021 at 4:59 pm
Why don't you ask this question in the original thread?
That's almost funny, Michael... how many times have we seen people say "start a new thread for a different question"...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 25, 2021 at 3:47 am
Viewing 15 posts - 4,756 through 4,770 (of 59,098 total)