Viewing 15 posts - 3,496 through 3,510 (of 59,098 total)
Ok, Shree23... I just want you to know that this is how you piss people off and they end up not wanting to help you. Your first posted on anther...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 20, 2022 at 7:32 pm
Checking back in here. The OP generated the 15 minute data from the recursive CTE and that's all the data they currently have? As an aside: a recursive CTE...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 20, 2022 at 7:12 pm
It's probably a bad idea all the way around anyway. 🙁 How many people do you know that actually have a "Baseline" to compare against?
For me, it would work just...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 20, 2022 at 7:10 pm
I want to consider "Backup Size GB" and "DeltaNormal" columns and calculate percentage. I know the formula (difference/old_or_prev_val)*100.0 but I am stuck I am stuck how to compare the...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 20, 2022 at 4:04 am
You have 2022-05-28 as a date in your desired output but no such date exists in your test data.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 20, 2022 at 3:47 am
You get the same results with "CROSS JOIN #SubDetails SUB".
The code I posted is an abstraction / summary of some production code we were investigating recently. I'm just interested...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 20, 2022 at 3:23 am
It looks like a packing interval problem.
Drew
I wish I could vote this up more. Totally agreed on the prognosis and the link.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 20, 2022 at 3:20 am
I got this,..
Excellent... please share what you've got.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 20, 2022 at 3:15 am
Hello,
I was looking over the Edition specifications, and Standard is capped at 128 GB RAM is that correct?Can someone recommend me to use sql server enterprise edition or standard,...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 20, 2022 at 3:13 am
I agree that row and page compression is a wonderful tool and I've been very successful in using it properly. I also agree that it's wonderful for the normally largest...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 20, 2022 at 3:10 am
Hello everyone,
Thank you for looking into my question.
I have a dataset like the below in a table..
I need to write a...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 19, 2022 at 3:39 pm
ON (1 =1) is unusual JOIN syntax – can you explain what you want it to do?
That's what people where I work at did before they knew how to...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 19, 2022 at 3:34 pm
Dude! Check what you attached. ?
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 19, 2022 at 3:32 pm
I have a computed column that subtracts a completion date from a start date and I'm trying to track the total time it takes to complete a job. However,...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 19, 2022 at 3:26 pm
Thanks Mark Cowne. That is the perfect solution.. and right in front of my eyes.... still, didn't figure it out.
DENSE_RANK() OVER(ORDER BY Id - register_sequence) AS seq_number
works beautifully!!
Careful now. ...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 19, 2022 at 3:13 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 3,496 through 3,510 (of 59,098 total)