Viewing 15 posts - 7,306 through 7,320 (of 9,728 total)
Chris Morris-439714 (10/6/2010)
Somehow, for reasons long ago forgotten, Post Count has been set up as the unusual datatype NUMERIC(6,0).
Numeric instead of Integar? Bad cowboy! Doesn't he know that extra byte...
October 6, 2010 at 8:54 am
Ray K (10/6/2010)
crookj (10/6/2010)
Chris Morris-439714 (10/5/2010)
Giant carnivorous miceVorpal Bunny - Quest for the Holy Grail.
Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch
...And thou shalt count to three. Not to four, which is greater...
October 6, 2010 at 8:51 am
Greg Edwards-268690 (10/6/2010)
I'd also check security for who has access.
Best piece of advice on this thread yet.
October 6, 2010 at 6:55 am
GilaMonster (10/6/2010)
Brandie Tarvin (10/6/2010)
How do you know it's not backing...
October 6, 2010 at 5:35 am
liewsb (10/6/2010)
October 6, 2010 at 5:18 am
Definitely follow Gail's advice. She's rescued more databases than the Humane Society has rescued pets.
FYI: If you're not doing transaction log backups and you're in FULL or Bulk-Logged recovery model,...
October 6, 2010 at 5:16 am
GilaMonster (10/6/2010)
Does anyone think my response here was over-the-top? http://www.sqlservercentral.com/Forums/FindPost999124.aspx
No. I find it professional and well-reasoned. It is the correct and necessary response to the question.
October 6, 2010 at 5:13 am
In regards to another post / thread:
Here's the latest SQL Server version list, including 2k8 R2.
And for those who don't like clicky links: http://www.sqlteam.com/article/sql-server-versions
October 6, 2010 at 5:03 am
Chris Morris-439714 (10/6/2010)
Brandie Tarvin (10/6/2010)
BrainDonor (10/5/2010)
When I die I'm donating my body to science-fiction.Oh, is that a promise? I could use a few more cadavers...
@=)
More??? The next question is...
October 6, 2010 at 5:00 am
You could always set up a DDL trigger (I think) to log any DROP DATABASE commands and even to prevent the drop of any database.
I'm not sure if it'll work...
October 6, 2010 at 4:57 am
Craig Farrell (10/5/2010)
GilaMonster (10/5/2010)
Alvin Ramard (10/5/2010)
GilaMonster (10/5/2010)
Local version:Q: How do you eat an elephant?
A: One bite at a time.
That's the opposite of:
Q: How do you put an elephant in a...
October 6, 2010 at 4:55 am
Version List HERE gives all version #s, including R2.
Definitely tell them you need the client tools installed to your local box. If you need to develop, ask them for the...
October 6, 2010 at 4:52 am
BrainDonor (10/5/2010)
When I die I'm donating my body to science-fiction.
Oh, is that a promise? I could use a few more cadavers...
@=)
October 6, 2010 at 4:48 am
New office game.
Requires 1 dartboard, 1 set of darts, 1 project plan.
Cut up project plan by milestones. Paste lesser milestones around the edges of the dartboard ring, paste the bigger...
October 5, 2010 at 12:57 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 7,306 through 7,320 (of 9,728 total)