Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 9,728 total)

  • Reply To: Are the posted questions getting worse?

    AI has lied to me quite often about SQL Server things because it scrapes the internet and picks up the bad answers as well as the good. I've actually had...

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

  • Reply To: Are the posted questions getting worse?

    Sooooo... Last post I got this error when I hit Submit.

    "Error: Slow down; you move too fast."

    Then it bounced me to the start of the thread instead of the last...

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

  • Reply To: Are the posted questions getting worse?

    Dennis Jensen wrote:

    Hey I know we mostly just talk about SQL stuff here but I thought I would ask a job oriented question. Does anyone know anyone that could use a...

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

  • Reply To: Are the posted questions getting worse?

    What is it with people claiming they are an 8 out of 10 on SQL Server, or in one case a 10 out of 10 on Oracle, and then not...

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

  • Reply To: Are the posted questions getting worse?

    We're back filling 2 people who retired.

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

  • Reply To: Are the posted questions getting worse?

    Allstate is looking for mid to senior level DBAs for a remote U.S. hours job. Must have good experience with 2 RDMSs. Ping me if you want more info.

    Not sure...

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

  • Reply To: CMS server query & temp tables

    It will not. I have tried subquerys and the server name still gets added to the top SELECT list, ruining my totals.

    It appears I will have to query from another...

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

  • Reply To: Deny Connect problem

    The solution is DENY CONNECT TO <ThisLogin>;

    I just had to remove "SQL" from the code.

    What can I say? I was having an off day.

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

  • Reply To: Microsoft Security Changes and SQL Server

    Oh, goodness. I'm doing research for this issue for my company (Thank you so much for the article, Steve!) and discovered a "nasty."

    Per SQLFingers:

    Local connections

    Connections from the SQL Server host...

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

  • Reply To: Are the posted questions getting worse?

    Robert Sterbal wrote:

    He might not survive the surgery.

    Yikes. That's rough. You have my sympathies.

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

  • Reply To: Are the posted questions getting worse?

    They won't amputate the leg? That's the usual treatment.

    Both dogs and cats do quite well with 3 legs. That's why vets started putting the vaccines in the rear legs, to...

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

  • Reply To: Are the posted questions getting worse?

    True true.

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

  • Reply To: Are the posted questions getting worse?

    Changing the subject... Last week was fun. One of my cats ended up with a large bump suddenly appearing on her leg. As I've been through this before, I had...

    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

  • Reply To: Are the posted questions getting worse?

    Neil,

    You know what I've heard a lot of recently? CISSP certified security people are in high demand right now.

    Granted, it's a hard cert to study for and get. You have...

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

  • Reply To: Deny Connect problem

    Nevermind. I needed to leave out the SQL keyword.

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 9,728 total)