Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 6,421 through 6,435 (of 9,728 total)

  • RE: failed the pre-execute phase

    Which is exactly what I was thinking, Anjan. Malformed XML has caused more "unsolvable" problems than anything else I've seen.

    bogdantoporan, have you run the package in BIDS to get a...

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

  • RE: Enabled when Disabled?

    The way to check that is to see if there's another job with Start_Job and the job_id in the msdb job tables. But if you don't see it anywhere, then...

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

  • RE: Are the posted questions getting worse?

    george sibbald (2/18/2011)


    You will never know just how much you have blasphemed!

    ...

    understand?

    Hee. I guess it's my turn for the tar, feathers, mini-mags and titanium spork treatment. @=)

    One of these days,...

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

  • RE: Enabled when Disabled?

    You're welcome. Glad I could help.

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

  • RE: Are the posted questions getting worse?

    Answered. @=)

    Probably not the answer you want to hear, though, Stefan.

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

  • RE: Enabled when Disabled?

    Not a puzzle. Happens to me all the time in SQL 2005. Looks like they didn't fix it in 2k8. It's a job cache issue.

    See my posts here:

    http://www.sqlservercentral.com/Forums/FindPost1064492.aspx

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

  • RE: Are the posted questions getting worse?

    Stefan Krzywicki (2/18/2011)


    Brandie Tarvin (2/18/2011)


    Stefan Krzywicki (2/18/2011)


    As far as "touch base" goes, doesn't Cricket have bases as well?

    Yes, it does. But I believe "touch base" is totally American, referencing the...

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

  • RE: Are the posted questions getting worse?

    Stefan Krzywicki (2/18/2011)


    I wouldn't have any problems with his poor English skills if he wasn't being such a jerk about other people's.

    I agree. In fact, I was mentally comparing him...

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

  • RE: Are the posted questions getting worse?

    After my last post, I had an IM convo with a coworker about a question he had. I asked him if we could touch base after lunch.

    Then it occurred to...

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

  • RE: Are the posted questions getting worse?

    Stefan Krzywicki (2/18/2011)


    And he sure likes his driving "analogy". At least I'm sure he thinks it is an analogy.

    I'm almost certain he means "steering," not "driving." Meaning, "Don't steer this...

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

  • RE: The Oddest Interview Questions

    DemonicKat78 (2/18/2011)


    Yeah, recently I was asked

    "if you could be any tree, what would you be?"

    What was your answer? @=)

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

  • RE: Are the posted questions getting worse?

    Jeff Moden (2/18/2011)


    Lennie even attacked Gianluca who was just trying to keep things calm. I don't have a black book but I believe I'm going to start one.

    I've already...

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

  • RE: Today's Random Word!

    WOTD: Jeans

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

  • RE: Can I tune this?

    Thank you all for answering my questions. I appreciate it. I never viewed indexes that way before. I guess I still have a lot to learn.

    And I forgot to try...

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

  • RE: Are the posted questions getting worse?

    Ian Scarlett (2/18/2011)


    Gianluca Sartori (2/18/2011)


    Do you remember Lennie, the guy with sock-puppets friends?

    He's back again. Nothing worth worrying about, at the moment.

    http://www.sqlservercentral.com/Forums/Topic1066085-9-1.aspx

    And I was unfortunate to see this post AFTER...

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

Viewing 15 posts - 6,421 through 6,435 (of 9,728 total)