Are the posted questions getting worse?

  • Jeff Moden wrote:

    It had a great run and built one heck of a community.Β  The community isn't dead and neither is the spirit of sharing knowledge that it inspired.Β  We're going to keep our user group going and, someday, we're going to do an SQLSaturday again.

    'Zactly. The metro Detroit, MI chapter is going to continue, as is the Lansing, MI chapter.

  • Michael L John wrote:

    Anyone see the email from PASS?

    We are saddened to tell you that, due to the impact of COVID-19, PASS is ceasing all regular operations, effective January 15, 2021.

    Can you imagine? Here in New Zealand we eradicated the virus. Twice.

    Second time after the idiots at the border let travellers from UK, Pakistan, India and USA through without quarantine on "compassionate reasons". That was our "second wave".

    Now - no social distancing, no staying at home, only masks on public transport remind us about the pandemic.

    Gradually opening borders with Australia. But after that blunder which caused the second lockdown the government is overcausios.

    _____________
    Code for TallyGenerator

  • Sergiy wrote:

    Michael L John wrote:

    Anyone see the email from PASS?

    We are saddened to tell you that, due to the impact of COVID-19, PASS is ceasing all regular operations, effective January 15, 2021.

    Can you imagine? Here in New Zealand we eradicated the virus. Twice.

    Second time after the idiots at the border let travellers from UK, Pakistan, India and USA through without quarantine on "compassionate reasons". That was our "second wave".

    Now - no social distancing, no staying at home, only masks on public transport remind us about the pandemic.

    Gradually opening borders with Australia. But after that blunder which caused the second lockdown the government is overcausios.

     

    I wonder if the virus was the cause of PASS's demise, or was it the final nail in the coffin?

    Michael L John
    If you assassinate a DBA, would you pull a trigger?
    To properly post on a forum:
    http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/61537/

  • Michael L John wrote:

    I wonder if the virus was the cause of PASS's demise, or was it the final nail in the coffin?

    I hope that it was just the first, but I fear it's the second.

    Wayne
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server 2008
    Author - SQL Server T-SQL Recipes


    If you can't explain to another person how the code that you're copying from the internet works, then DON'T USE IT on a production system! After all, you will be the one supporting it!
    Links:
    For better assistance in answering your questions
    Performance Problems
    Common date/time routines
    Understanding and Using APPLY Part 1 & Part 2

  • Michael L John wrote:

    I wonder if the virus was the cause of PASS's demise, or was it the final nail in the coffin?

    Personally, I'd say it's 70/30. We had a balanced budget last year and plans for PASS Pro to move us off dependency on Summit. When the pandemic hit, our cash flow went to zero. Then add in the extendedΒ  lack of in-person stuff and our existing contracts with venues & hotels, we just couldn't keep going. So, it's both, but way more Covid than not.

    ----------------------------------------------------
    The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood...
    Theodore Roosevelt

    The Scary DBA
    Author of: SQL Server 2017 Query Performance Tuning, 5th Edition and SQL Server Execution Plans, 3rd Edition
    Product Evangelist for Red Gate Software

  • Happy New Year 2021

  • Happy New Year everyone!

    😎

    May the Source be with you!

  • Jo Pattyn wrote:

    Happy New Year 2021

    Same to you, Jo!Β  To you and all the other denizens of this fine forum, I hope this post finds all of you and yours in good shape and fine health!

    As for me, it's like my Dad used to say, "I'm in good condition for the condition I'm in".Β  πŸ˜€Β  If I was doing any better, I'd have to be twins. πŸ˜€

    --Jeff Moden


    RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for Row-By-Agonizing-Row.
    First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
    ________Stop thinking about what you want to do to a ROW... think, instead, of what you want to do to a COLUMN.
    "Change is inevitable... change for the better is not".

    Helpful Links:
    How to post code problems
    How to Post Performance Problems
    Create a Tally Function (fnTally)
    Intro to Tally Tables and Functions

  • Happy New Year, hopefully everyone is starting the year out on a good note.

  • Steve Jones - SSC Editor wrote:

    Happy New Year, hopefully everyone is starting the year out on a good note.

    BWAAAA-HAAAAAA!!! Some of my fellow older folks in the crowd will have an appreciation for what I think is a good note...

    I farted, it made a sound... Β  and I didn't have to change my underwear! πŸ˜€

     

    I know, I know... "only on THE THREAD"! πŸ˜€

    --Jeff Moden


    RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for Row-By-Agonizing-Row.
    First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
    ________Stop thinking about what you want to do to a ROW... think, instead, of what you want to do to a COLUMN.
    "Change is inevitable... change for the better is not".

    Helpful Links:
    How to post code problems
    How to Post Performance Problems
    Create a Tally Function (fnTally)
    Intro to Tally Tables and Functions

  • Jeff Moden wrote:

    Steve Jones - SSC Editor wrote:

    Happy New Year, hopefully everyone is starting the year out on a good note.

    BWAAAA-HAAAAAA!!! Some of my fellow older folks in the crowd will have an appreciation for what I think is a good note...

    I farted, it made a sound... Β  and I didn't have to change my underwear! πŸ˜€

    I know, I know... "only on THE THREAD"! πŸ˜€

    And the grand kids laughed and laughed and laughed :):):)

    Jeffrey Williams
    Problems are opportunities brilliantly disguised as insurmountable obstacles.

    How to post questions to get better answers faster
    Managing Transaction Logs

  • Jeff Moden wrote:

    Steve Jones - SSC Editor wrote:

    Happy New Year, hopefully everyone is starting the year out on a good note.

    BWAAAA-HAAAAAA!!! Some of my fellow older folks in the crowd will have an appreciation for what I think is a good note...

    I farted, it made a sound... Β  and I didn't have to change my underwear! πŸ˜€

    I know, I know... "only on THE THREAD"! πŸ˜€

    And only you would say it out loud! πŸ˜€

     

  • That reminds me of a poster I saw last week.

    "Kids are like farts - mine are amazing and yours disgust me".

  • Jeff Moden wrote:

    ...

    I farted, it made a sound... Β  and I didn't have to change my underwear! πŸ˜€

    ...

    MADE MY DAY ! ! πŸ˜€

    Johan

    Learn to play, play to learn !

    Dont drive faster than your guardian angel can fly ...
    but keeping both feet on the ground wont get you anywhere :w00t:

    - How to post Performance Problems
    - How to post data/code to get the best help[/url]

    - How to prevent a sore throat after hours of presenting ppt

    press F1 for solution, press shift+F1 for urgent solution πŸ˜€

    Need a bit of Powershell? How about this

    Who am I ? Sometimes this is me but most of the time this is me

  • Let us uphold our standard on this site, assumptions and speculations have no place on this top quality forums!

    😎

    Just have a look at this:

    https://www.sqlservercentral.com/forums/topic/decimal-places-2#post-3828162

Viewing 15 posts - 65,296 through 65,310 (of 65,749 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply