Jason...AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
    Learn Extended Events

• Sean Lange (7/31/2014)

Jeff Moden (7/31/2014)

Doug J. (7/31/2014)

Jeff-

This:

Steve Jones - SSC Editor (7/31/2014)

Just dropped over to the Heap Consultancy and I see a comment from Bill in KC about me staring at him from the login banner and then this:

"Steve is cool"

Maybe I should visit SO/SE more often πŸ˜€

Thanks, Doug. I wonder why I might get a "chilly reception".

I doubt that you would Jeff. This is very out of context. This is their version of "the thread" and that comment in context was actually kind of funny. Nothing meant derogatory by it at all from the way I read it. I am sure they would welcome you with open arms. I mean they accepted me easily enough. And Jason...err SQLRNNR...just showed up over there too. There are a few other SSC regulars in there I have seen too.

Got a URL or is this a test? πŸ˜€

--Jeff Moden

RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for Row-By-Agonizing-Row.
    First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
    ________Stop thinking about what you want to do to a ROW... think, instead, of what you want to do to a COLUMN.

Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.

Helpful Links:
    How to post code problems
    How to Post Performance Problems
    Create a Tally Function (fnTally)

• Jeff Moden (7/31/2014)

Sean Lange (7/31/2014)

Jeff Moden (7/31/2014)

Doug J. (7/31/2014)

Jeff-

This:

Just dropped over to the Heap Consultancy and I see a comment from Bill in KC about me staring at him from the login banner and then this:

"Steve is cool"

I doubt that you would Jeff. This is very out of context. This is their version of "the thread" and that comment in context was actually kind of funny. Nothing meant derogatory by it at all from the way I read it. I am sure they would welcome you with open arms. I mean they accepted me easily enough. And Jason...err SQLRNNR...just showed up over there too. There are a few other SSC regulars in there I have seen too.

I know better than to test you. πŸ˜€

It all started from Paul's post. http://www.sqlservercentral.com/Forums/FindPost1598420.aspx

The direct link to "the heap" is. http://chat.stackexchange.com/rooms/179/the-heap-consultancy-

Need help? Help us help you.

Read the article at http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/Best+Practices/61537/ for best practices on asking questions.

Need to split a string? Try Jeff Modens splitter http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/Tally+Table/72993/.

Cross Tabs and Pivots, Part 1 – Converting Rows to Columns - http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/T-SQL/63681/
    Cross Tabs and Pivots, Part 2 - Dynamic Cross Tabs - http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/Crosstab/65048/
    Understanding and Using APPLY (Part 1) - http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/APPLY/69953/
    Understanding and Using APPLY (Part 2) - http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/APPLY/69954/

• Steve Jones - SSC Editor (7/31/2014)

SQLRNNR (7/31/2014)

Because you just had two pina coladas?

That's completely misworded. It's "because you had just two pina coladas."

....in each transaction....:rolleyes:

😎

• Sean Lange (7/31/2014)

Jeff Moden (7/31/2014)

Doug J. (7/31/2014)

Jeff-

This:

"Steve is cool"

Sent Jeff a PM to further qualify my comment. It was dumb and I take responsibility for typing from the wrong end.

• swasheck (7/31/2014)

Sean Lange (7/31/2014)

Jeff Moden (7/31/2014)

Doug J. (7/31/2014)

Jeff-

This:

"Steve is cool"

Sent Jeff a PM to further qualify my comment. It was dumb and I take responsibility for typing from the wrong end.

Not to worry. I actually lost track of that thread and I'm glad you reminded me of it. It would appear that I've left some unfinished business there that I'll have to address soon. πŸ˜‰ Oddly enough, it parallels another "thread" that I recently revisted some code on.

--Jeff Moden

________Stop thinking about what you want to do to a ROW... think, instead, of what you want to do to a COLUMN.

Helpful Links:

• Sean Lange (7/31/2014)

Jeff Moden (7/31/2014)

Sean Lange (7/31/2014)

Jeff Moden (7/31/2014)

Doug J. (7/31/2014)

Jeff-

This:

"Steve is cool"

I know better than to test you. πŸ˜€

It all started from Paul's post. http://www.sqlservercentral.com/Forums/FindPost1598420.aspx

The direct link to "the heap" is. http://chat.stackexchange.com/rooms/179/the-heap-consultancy-

I'd forgotten about that thread because I actually have to work for a living. πŸ™‚ I've rediscovered it thanks to a nice PM I got. It turns out that there's a similar thread that I recently revisted the code on and will get back to both soon.

--Jeff Moden

Helpful Links:

• And this is why I like SSC. The question was answered and several alternatives and improvements to process were provided. Even a minor change to the last piece of code that was graciously accepted. No slamming or berating of others for going beyond the question.

• Where was that Crystal Ball again when one needs it, certain I've seen it somewhere...

😎

• Eirikur Eiriksson (8/3/2014)

Where was that Crystal Ball again when one needs it, certain I've seen it somewhere...

😎

Actually, I think the Crystal Ball is needed here. I just wanted to post a single word answer, "Yes", and see what happened. I did, however, restrain myself.

• Lynn Pettis (8/3/2014)

Eirikur Eiriksson (8/3/2014)

Where was that Crystal Ball again when one needs it, certain I've seen it somewhere...

😎

Actually, I think the Crystal Ball is needed here. I just wanted to post a single word answer, "Yes", and see what happened. I did, however, restrain myself.

Lynn, your highly valuable input has been used to answer the OP's question. πŸ˜‰

Lutz
    A pessimist is an optimist with experience.

How to get fast answers to your question[/url]
    How to post performance related questions[/url]
    Links for Tally Table [/url] , Cross Tabs [/url] and Dynamic Cross Tabs [/url], Delimited Split Function[/url]

• I feel that I should make some mention of this man's birthday today. I think without his work our lives may be very different\easier\harder, delete as appropriate.

On two occasions I have been asked, "Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" ... I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.
    β€”Charles Babbage, Passages from the Life of a Philosopher

How to post a question to get the most help http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/Best+Practices/61537

• BWFC (8/4/2014)

I feel that I should make some mention of this man's birthday today. I think without his work our lives may be very different\easier\harder, delete as appropriate.

Or indeed, overlap as appropriate πŸ™‚

• Gazareth (8/4/2014)

BWFC (8/4/2014)

I feel that I should make some mention of this man's birthday today. I think without his work our lives may be very different\easier\harder, delete as appropriate.

Or indeed, overlap as appropriate πŸ™‚

Are you thinking of some sort of diagram? πŸ˜€

Viewing 15 posts - 45,031 through 45,045 (of 66,549 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply