Are the posted questions getting worse?

  • Thanks, Brandi... I'll give "Outcome-Based Delivery" a look-see.

    Reminds me of when "DevOps" came out... it was something I'd been doing since 1980 with other people and before the big PC thing started and then we really got into it.

    --Jeff Moden


    RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for Row-By-Agonizing-Row.
    First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
    ________Stop thinking about what you want to do to a ROW... think, instead, of what you want to do to a COLUMN.

    Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.


    Helpful Links:
    How to post code problems
    How to Post Performance Problems
    Create a Tally Function (fnTally)

  • @Brandi

    I looked up "Outcome-Based Delivery".  That's basically what I was thinking.  The problem is, you're going to need something air-tight on both sides.  As we've both seen, there are way too many versions of what "Done" actually means.  I prefer "just" being an FTE.

    --Jeff Moden


    RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for Row-By-Agonizing-Row.
    First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
    ________Stop thinking about what you want to do to a ROW... think, instead, of what you want to do to a COLUMN.

    Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.


    Helpful Links:
    How to post code problems
    How to Post Performance Problems
    Create a Tally Function (fnTally)

  • Too many of these philosophies are taken as "exact" by people. DevOps means keep getting better. It's what Toyota did, what Deming did, it's what martial arts has taught for a thousand years. Work at something, improve it, check results and repeat.

  • No so fun stuff, one of the storage controllers decided to go bad. Luckily not ransomware

  • Hopefully a rare occurrence. I think modern hardware sometimes spoils us into thinking it rarely fails, but it still does.

  • So, with the Seattle Data Summit being moved to what (might) be a smaller venue, what're the chances of the tickets selling out in the next 3-4 weeks?

  • jasona.work wrote:

    So, with the Seattle Data Summit being moved to what (might) be a smaller venue, what're the chances of the tickets selling out in the next 3-4 weeks?

    I wouldn't sweat that.

    "The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
    - Theodore Roosevelt

    Author of:
    SQL Server Execution Plans
    SQL Server Query Performance Tuning

  • zero

  • Well, I feel good about those odds then.  😀

    Never hurts to ask, considering the higher-higher-ups are probably going to wait at least another 2 weeks for the new fiscal to start before approving or denying my conference request, at least I know I don't need to ask them for an expedited approval.

  • Jason, what exactly does Deadpool DBA (or is it DBA Deadpool) do in the work place?

    And can I hire you to "resolve" some problems at my work place? @=)

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

  • Brandie, DBAPool solves ALL his database problems with judicious application of firepower and violence!  LoL

  • jasona.work wrote:

    Brandie, DBAPool solves ALL his database problems with judicious application of firepower and violence! LoL

    ROTFLOL

    @=)

     

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

Viewing 12 posts - 66,931 through 66,942 (of 66,942 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply