Are the posted questions getting worse?

• Stefan Krzywicki (12/2/2011)

Ninja's_RGR'us (12/2/2011)

GSquared (12/2/2011)

Happy putzy week-end (I hope I got the meaning right!).

Definition 1: unintelligent person: somebody regarded as very unintelligent and unpleasant

But I was just quoting Blazing Saddles because of the "ditto" comment.

Note where google took me instead of your first definition :-D.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=putz

Did you look that up before or after you wished him a happy weekend full of them?

If he looked it up first, I hope he was thinking of definition 3 when he posted. :w00t:

Tom

• Stefan Krzywicki (12/2/2011)

GSquared (12/2/2011)

Definition 1: unintelligent person: somebody regarded as very unintelligent and unpleasant

Did you look that up before or after you wished him a happy weekend full of them?

Yes. That's why I was hoping to correctly guess what was GS was talking about :w00t:.

• L' Eomot Inversรฉ (12/2/2011)

Stefan Krzywicki (12/2/2011)

GSquared (12/2/2011)

If he looked it up first, I hope he was thinking of definition 3 when he posted. :w00t:

Lazy week-end would actually not be a bad thing atm !

• Brandie Tarvin (12/1/2011)

Hey, guys. Is Gus gone yet?

GSquared (12/1/2011)

- GSquared, RSVP, OODA, MAP, NMVP, FAQ, SAT, SQL, DNA, RNA, UOI, IOU, AM, PM, AD, BC, BCE, USA, UN, CF, ROFL, LOL, ETC

Property of The Thread

ExKuus pls, How canz Ai be geting mai "LOL, ETC" certificate-cation? Ai canz finz da Thread linx noeswherez.

MR Certs

MR Not

MR 2 CM Letters

All B MR Certs

๐Ÿ˜›

--Jeff Moden

RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for Row-By-Agonizing-Row.
    First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
    ________Stop thinking about what you want to do to a ROW... think, instead, of what you want to do to a COLUMN.

Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.

Helpful Links:
    How to post code problems
    How to Post Performance Problems
    Create a Tally Function (fnTally)

• Jack Corbett (11/28/2011)

So I had to post this job description I got via email today for a SQL Server DBA position:

Qualified candidates will possess programming skills, such as skill in the use of HTML, Cascading Style Sheets (CSS), JavaScript, and image editing software. Other qualifications required for this position includes extensive knowledge of web-browser platforms; knowledge of optimizing content for mobile devices; experience with testing mobile websites on multiple devices. In addition, the following skills and abilities are critical to success in this position: exceptional written and verbal communication skills; the ability to consult and interact with a diverse client base; the ability to present technical information to end-users; the ability to work independently and as part of a team; and organizational and task management skills.

Design: Web Technical Design

Strong technical knowledge of how web-based technologies apply to web design

General Competencies

Excellent Communication Skills

Excellent oral and written communication skills

Information Technology - Languages/Tools

HTML / XML / XSLT / CSS

Information Technology - Network/Infrastructure

Wireless - Mobile

Information Technology - Requirements

Experience in creating concise, cross-browser compliant cascading stylesheets (CSS)

Information Technology - System Monitoring/Automation

Java Script and HTML

Information Technology - Testing

Ability to perform testing of applications, facilitate testing by others, document results

Really the job title is SQL Server DBA. I don't have any of the technology bits on my resume.

BWAA-HAAA!!! And it can all be done using T-SQL. :-D:-P

--Jeff Moden

________Stop thinking about what you want to do to a ROW... think, instead, of what you want to do to a COLUMN.

Helpful Links:

• GSquared (12/1/2011)

My wife and I are celebrating our 21st anniversary today. As part of that, I'm taking next week off of work (my third vacation since 1988), ...

Congrats on both events, Gus! Now all I have to do is Google a couple of words you used that I don't know. "Week Off"... Vacation... Anniversary... :hehe:

--Jeff Moden

Helpful Links:

• Evil Kraig F (11/28/2011)

Hope you all had a happy holiday! I'm baaack. And sorry, just need a moment of vent:

[RANT!]

Stupid lousy antique piece of crap system doing double/triple back to back updates and blowing up the .003 millisecond rounding of a datetime stamp in 2k5 when I'm trying to build an intelligent point in time auditing structure and developers who are being royal PITA's about me not wanting to allow for duplication of point in time because it just makes no goddamned sense to do shit like that and increase database traffic for crappy assed reasons...

[/RANT]

Thank you. And Steve... if I'd only known....

PANTS!

Heh... stop holding back. Say what you really mean! ๐Ÿ˜›

--Jeff Moden

Helpful Links:

• Thanks for all the congratulations on our anniversary. ๐Ÿ™‚ Had a really nice day and am looking forward to the vacation with my hubbie.

-- Kit

• Kit G (12/3/2011)

Thanks for all the congratulations on our anniversary. ๐Ÿ™‚ Had a really nice day and am looking forward to the vacation with my hubbie.

I knew only one SQL couple i.e. 'Paul & Kimberley'.

Now I have one more in my list โ€˜Gus & Kitโ€™. Congratulations to both of you!!! (once again :-D)

Are there anymore couples I am unaware of?

• Dev (12/3/2011)

Kit G (12/3/2011)

Thanks for all the congratulations on our anniversary. ๐Ÿ™‚ Had a really nice day and am looking forward to the vacation with my hubbie.

Now I have one more in my list โ€˜Gus & Kitโ€™. Congratulations to both of you!!! (once again :-D)

Allas at Microsoft: Naveen is admin of servers at IS Shared Services, Sowjanya is the PM and formerly tech lead of Zune BI.

• Dev (12/3/2011)

Kit G (12/3/2011)

Heh... sure. SQL Server and I have been "married" for a long time now. ๐Ÿ˜›

--Jeff Moden

Helpful Links:

• Jeff Moden (12/3/2011)

Dev (12/3/2011)

Kit G (12/3/2011)

Heh... sure. SQL Server and I have been "married" for a long time now. ๐Ÿ˜›

I just proposed her (SQL) & waiting for Yes... ROFL :hehe:

• Revenant (12/3/2011)

Dev (12/3/2011)

Kit G (12/3/2011)

Allas at Microsoft: Naveen is admin of servers at IS Shared Services, Sowjanya is the PM and formerly tech lead of Zune BI.

This couple sounds Indian... Thanks for sharing it!

• Dev (12/4/2011)

Revenant (12/3/2011)

Dev (12/3/2011)

Kit G (12/3/2011)

This couple sounds Indian... Thanks for sharing it!

Yes, they are Telugu, and both very nice.

• GSquared (12/1/2011)

My wife and I are celebrating our 21st anniversary today. As part of that, I'm taking next week off of work (my third vacation since 1988), and probably won't be around SSC much during that either.

Should be back to my usual schedule of inanities, non-sequiturs, and politically inappropriate comments, Monday after next.

Gail, while I'm gone can you keep an eye on database corruption forums and related material? Oh, and can you do the same while I'm here, too? And if I'm here, but not paying attention? Or if I'm here, paying attention, and posting junk? Or ... ๐Ÿ˜›

Congratulations! We celebrated our 6th year on the 3rd. ๐Ÿ˜€ Here's to many more years of wedded bliss!

---------------------------------------------------------
    How best to post your question[/url]
    How to post performance problems[/url]
    Tally Table:What it is and how it replaces a loop[/url]

"stewsterl 80804 (10/16/2009)I guess when you stop and try to understand the solution provided you not only learn, but save yourself some headaches when you need to make any slight changes."

Viewing 15 posts - 32,311 through 32,325 (of 66,549 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply