Stairway to SSAS Tabular
SSAS (SQL Server Analysis Services) is available in two modes, tabular and multidimensional. The new tabular model is easier for those companies who are not already invested in the traditional, multidimensional model. In this stairway, Thomas LeBlanc will teach you how to create tabular models used for reports and dashboards.
- In this first level of the SSAS Tabular stairway, learn the benefits of implementing an SSAS solution.
- In this level of the Stairway to SSAS Tabular you will learn how to install the platform and tools.
- This article shows you how to create an Analysis Services Tabular Model project, import data from World Wide Importers database, create a measure and analyze in Excel.
- In this first level of the SSAS Tabular stairway, learn how to implement and format a date dimension.
- In this fifth level of the SSAS Tabular stairway, learn how to clean up dimensions.
- In this sixth level of the SSAS Tabular stairway, learn how to create meaningful measures.
- Time Intelligence is a common methodology in Dimensional Modeling that allows for calculations of measures based on relative dates. These include “To-Date” measures like Year to Date or Quarter to Date as well as Previous Period comparisons. Once these are created within a model, other DAX functions can be used for metrics like Year over […]
- In this eighth step of the SSAS Tabular Stairway start to expand the model beyond one fact table.
- In the ninth level of this stairway, learn how to add security to the tabular model.
- In this level of the stairway, learn about multiple dates in fact table
- In this next level, we cover partitioning for SSAS.