Viewing 15 posts - 10,441 through 10,455 (of 39,936 total)
Oh, that's good, Conor. That would be interesting to know.
December 5, 2014 at 7:32 am
If you ran SSMS to connect, the Object Explorer might have taken the single connection and prevented this from working.
December 5, 2014 at 7:04 am
Perry is correct here. The log backups apply to the log backups. They're based on linking each other together, not with the full.
You do need a full backup to get...
December 5, 2014 at 7:04 am
Hard to know. I suspect you're too worried about this particular VM. It's likely (I think) and Azure thing, but perhaps you did something? Do you have completely scripted setup...
December 4, 2014 at 9:24 am
Charles Kincaid (12/3/2014)
Steve this will pull...
December 4, 2014 at 8:01 am
manie (12/4/2014)
December 4, 2014 at 7:50 am
Validation meaning that only the user/pwd combination is allowed to update?
I'd use a stored proc. Pass in the values. Then use an IF statement to see if a row is...
December 4, 2014 at 7:48 am
Wait stats is good. It's got to be I/O, unless there's some contention in work (CPU) on the slow server. However I can't guess what that would be.
Is all I/O...
December 4, 2014 at 7:47 am
Well that is strange. I haven't built a lot of databases on Azure IaaS, but never seen that, especially not that consistently.
Have you checked IFI?
December 3, 2014 at 4:05 pm
It's so hard to know this. It's entirely possible at DB create time you had a noisy neighbor. If you create another db on the slow VM, is it still...
December 3, 2014 at 2:51 pm
John Hanrahan (12/3/2014)
December 3, 2014 at 10:46 am
Don't knock LinkedIn too much. It's networking, which is incredibly valuable if you need employment or want to move. Many of you have used networking to advance, and while you...
December 3, 2014 at 9:04 am
Gary Varga (12/3/2014)
December 3, 2014 at 8:49 am
David.Poole (12/3/2014)
December 3, 2014 at 8:48 am
Matt Miller (#4) (12/2/2014)
I think I'd answer the question with a question: by which standard are you measuring "best"?
Best is what you bring up. What comes to mind. That's...
December 3, 2014 at 8:47 am
Viewing 15 posts - 10,441 through 10,455 (of 39,936 total)