Viewing 15 posts - 28,321 through 28,335 (of 39,922 total)
Great comments and glad you all liked the article. I think Dave Ramsey is good as well, and we've used the snowball method for consumer debt and it worked well.
6%...
June 17, 2008 at 9:16 am
An SSC member starts putting together a Question of the Day, and, halfway through, realises he could phrase it better.....
Hey, I resemble that remark.
On the hardware thing. If loads are...
June 17, 2008 at 9:08 am
There's always more work. Remember that when you think you have to finish something up to clear the decks.
June 17, 2008 at 9:05 am
I'd think that everyone would connect with those credentials. What else is set on that tab?
June 16, 2008 at 1:20 pm
When you restore, does the database exist?
What if you had a database and restored over it. Still 3 hours? are the backups local on the server?
June 16, 2008 at 1:19 pm
I'm not sure how you could do all that. Perhaps kick off an SSIS package or a job that runs a VBS script (or Powershell) to do this?
June 16, 2008 at 1:18 pm
Things are more blocked out in SS2K5. AFAIK, you cannot alter the system tables.
What do you need to do?
June 16, 2008 at 1:17 pm
Omri also runs the North Va SQL Server User's Group. Can probably contact him there or at SQLFarms.
June 16, 2008 at 11:57 am
Don't think you can do this.
Database Mirroring might be a better solution for you. course not sure you can backup there.
Why not backup off primary?
June 16, 2008 at 11:56 am
Hot spot? I'm for decoupling things like this. What if you need to move a database to a new server because it's getting busy? I would have avoided an all...
June 16, 2008 at 11:55 am
Not that I know of.
I'd put in every database and use a script to create/alter/grant permissions.
June 16, 2008 at 11:10 am
Lots of advice here.
Go with R10 or R01, no R5. The only place I might do R5 is for backup files, and I'd keep them on a separate array. That's...
June 16, 2008 at 11:09 am
I haven't seen a free tool for SS2K5, but I have seen some for sale.
June 16, 2008 at 11:07 am
Users don't log into a database. They log into a server (SQL Server instance) and access a database. As Brian mentioned, only tracking every query would tell you when they've...
June 16, 2008 at 11:06 am
In ASCII text, Windows systems, we often have carriage return (CR) and a line feed (LF). Unix can be different.
Look up ASCII codes and experiment. CHR(13) should work, but Excel...
June 16, 2008 at 11:05 am
Viewing 15 posts - 28,321 through 28,335 (of 39,922 total)