Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 28,306 through 28,320 (of 39,922 total)

  • RE: MCT

    Interesting. I wonder if there is anything about the discounts being for students only. If so, I wouldn't expect you to get one.

    Good luck on the exams, and watch for...

  • RE: SQl 2005 - moving tempdb to a different drive

    I'm not sure the SQL binaries come into play. It's separating the various spindles used in databases that give you performance boosts.

    If tempdb is heavily used, then this can help...

  • RE: MCT

    I wasn't aware of this, do you have a URL where this is?

  • RE: SQL Script

    First of all you shouldn't shrink databases. It moves things around and causes fragmentation and can slow down index response and increase query times. Shrinking should only be done if...

  • RE: Double Check

    You are there to make things better, drive the use and efficiency of SQL Server forward. Training someone to bring up the rear so when you're gone things still move...

  • RE: create database script with corresponding data files

    tables, views, etc are NOT files. They are objects within a database file. You can have multiple database files per database, but those do not determine the tables, etc.

    You script...

  • RE: Copy a SQL Job

    Like cut/paste, drag/drop?

    Not yet. Thought you could file this as a "wanted enhancement" on Connect (connect.microsoft.com).

    sqlSentry might help here. I know they can move jobs from one to another. Not...

  • RE: Full and trans on same device

    I don't use devices ever.

    I want separate files for every backup. If you have 2 or more backups on a single device or file and something happens, you could lose...

  • RE: Reindexing taking 20 hours to complete

    I'd go with the above advice. You could even schedule this to run only on selective tables, meaning only do tables that start with a-f on one day, g-m on...

  • RE: How to Drop a DB Thats In Use (spid in rollback)

    If that doesn't work, do the shutdown. You can rename one file and the db will be suspect and then you can deal with things.

  • RE: The Top Ten Reasons to Attend the PASS Summit 2008

    We've debated eliminating the prizes, but the way we've given them away, if we try to determine who's eligible and who's not it becomes an administrative issue. One that we...

  • RE: Transferring Databases

    You really need three scripts since they have to be run in different places.

    The source does the backup or detach and needs to run on the source server.

    The copy...

  • RE: Copy a SQL Job

    I'd do this, checking the script for things like security account.

    You can right click in SSMS and script jobs.

  • RE: Assign seqnumber to a column

    Is it up to 500 and the next row would through it over?

    Does this have to happen regularly, like with every import?

    This sounds like something I might tackle in an...

  • RE: Can any one tell about free ebook location of 70-443 exam and book also for home .One more confusion I have whether I should do first 70-441 or 70-443.

    It appears the site is just a place where they link to Google Ads and Amazon for purchase, so you're welcome to go there. I don't see any value in...

Viewing 15 posts - 28,306 through 28,320 (of 39,922 total)