Viewing 15 posts - 26,806 through 26,820 (of 39,922 total)
user_name() or suser_sname() might be what you want if you want the account making the change. Host_name is the computer name, if it's sent.
October 15, 2008 at 8:14 am
I'll give a few:
- Possible lack of continuity with your staff/applications. An outsourced DBA service might send different people to work on the system over time.
- Variation of quality with...
October 15, 2008 at 7:44 am
I don't think you can prevent this. The thing to do is deal with it in your application somehow.
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms178615(SQL.90).aspx
Shows the default is every 10%, but you can set a STATS=...
October 15, 2008 at 7:35 am
You could set a minimum duration in Profiler/Trace, grabbing everything that takes longer than say, 10 sec. That would help.
October 15, 2008 at 7:13 am
A quick try on my 2008 instance doesn't give me a way to grab table variable values in the debugger.
declare @t table (id int, mychar char(2))
insert @t select 1, 'A'
update...
October 15, 2008 at 6:48 am
I agree with Grant. You might need to rethink the SP.
October 15, 2008 at 6:40 am
You can definitely load up HTML documents as binary documents. I'd assume that XML would work as well.
As far as querying, it would query like any other XML document,...
October 15, 2008 at 6:38 am
There are actually limits to that automated selling. Various tripwires will actually stop selling to prevent that from cascading across all stocks.
I'm not sure there was a lot of forcing...
October 15, 2008 at 6:33 am
The reason I might set a limit is to prevent someone from running something that makes heavy use of tempdb, and perhaps tracking it down. It's a fairly heavy handed...
October 15, 2008 at 6:11 am
I'd completely agree with Andrew. You're unnecessarily loading the server to build this when you could handle it on the client.
PS - names are in bold. You're referencing post levels....
October 15, 2008 at 6:08 am
Getting the data to a file is always a client side operation. Saving results to a file might work if you return the blog only. Might need to muck with...
October 14, 2008 at 12:20 pm
It's hard to say what will take longer. I've had things that took longer at a large company that didn't at a small one. Familiarity with the system, DBA, etc....
October 14, 2008 at 12:18 pm
Easier, yes. Needed, no.
You might not get all the performance counters you want, and that can delay troubleshooting. You might have issues in an emergency in getting the server going.
Other...
October 14, 2008 at 11:33 am
The argument is a lack of skills, which requires time and money to get up to speed, or you incur risk that you won't be able to manage or recover...
October 14, 2008 at 11:30 am
I think we'll just disagree. I have never seen short selling as a problem. People sell you something, in essence a promise to get you the stock if you need...
October 14, 2008 at 11:27 am
Viewing 15 posts - 26,806 through 26,820 (of 39,922 total)