Viewing 15 posts - 26,821 through 26,835 (of 39,922 total)
Slightly dated (May 2008), but it's a good look at some of the issues:
http://www.thislife.org/Radio_Episode.aspx?episode=355
Don't forget we've been having issues for months. It came to a head a few weeks ago.
One...
October 14, 2008 at 9:01 am
Short selling isn't stealing, and actually short sellers can help ensure the market doesn't grow too wildly. (http://blogmaverick.com/2008/09/30/the-stock-market-is-not-a-barometer/)
The problem is that we were allowing people to borrow on stock they...
October 14, 2008 at 8:49 am
There are services to try and clean up data about you, but the best you can do is limit things. You can monitor your name, though, and it might be...
October 14, 2008 at 8:28 am
It's old and needs to be updated, but for the DBA, I have a few articles on this topic:
http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/Monitoring/20010422115752/84/
http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/Administering/20010422115754/85/
October 14, 2008 at 8:26 am
I don't think there's anything more than the added complication, which I wouldn't dismiss. If you have a need for the FTS service to really have different rights, then do...
October 14, 2008 at 8:11 am
Answers still apply no matter where you put the naming.
October 14, 2008 at 7:48 am
I'd contact Quest on this.
October 13, 2008 at 6:50 pm
A couple things. First, you don't want to do this in a trigger. You're asking for issues. Instead use the trigger to drop a row in a table (email, new...
October 13, 2008 at 12:02 pm
You could use my method, which requires some goodwill.
Run Profiler for a few weeks, get a distinct list of procs being run. Now go through the other procs, note which...
October 13, 2008 at 9:35 am
It's a rights issue. When you submit a backup comment, it's not your account running the backup, it's the SQL Server service. That service needs rights to that folder.
October 13, 2008 at 9:32 am
It is as long as your DR system supports that as well. If not, I'd split only as needed for DR.
Performance wise, no reason a 1TB or a 10TB file...
October 13, 2008 at 9:31 am
What's your idea of "healthy"?
I see that used, but it could mean many things. A short list of stuff I'd do first.
1. Make sure backups are being run.
2. Make sure...
October 13, 2008 at 9:29 am
Or if you want multiple ones.
Be sure that you use () to block out your ORs and ANDs. AND would match nothing since (I assume) you can't have a single...
October 13, 2008 at 9:27 am
You don't see a subquery.
use [database]
UPDATE Table1
SET ProblemType = 12
WHERE problemType = 32
The way you had it written, you were updating all rows.
October 13, 2008 at 9:11 am
Should be able to type it in there, or use the search feature.
They add just like AD users as logins.
October 13, 2008 at 9:07 am
Viewing 15 posts - 26,821 through 26,835 (of 39,922 total)