Viewing 15 posts - 26,791 through 26,805 (of 39,922 total)
Start a new thread for each query. Give the query and the indexes on those tables. We'll ask for more data.
Go with your gut on the ones you think are...
October 15, 2008 at 2:03 pm
The log doesn't hurt anything at 20GB. It might be a bit large, or it might not, depending on the load of your largest transaction.
In any case, I'd run the...
October 15, 2008 at 1:59 pm
Good comments and I do agree. The initial reporting should be better done, and we strive to try and do a good job here when we announce something.
All we can...
October 15, 2008 at 1:55 pm
Please, please stop shrinking databases, it doesn't help. Almost never is it worth doing.
This is an interesting question. When is the space released? It's really when are the extents deallocated...
October 15, 2008 at 12:22 pm
you don't want to change the ownership, who knows what would break.
Rename SA, go with Windows auth only or disable SA from logging in.
October 15, 2008 at 10:07 am
For sure, I need to send Best Buy a note. Was browsing in there and while it's nice to be asked if I need help, the 8th time in 30...
October 15, 2008 at 10:05 am
Tripwires have been around for awhile. If you pay attention, every once in awhile trading gets halted.
I want to say some were done after the crash in 85/86 and more...
October 15, 2008 at 10:04 am
How do you know which one to keep? The first one? Or the one that has all the fields?
That's important otherwise you could say row 2 duplicates row 1.
Multiple passes...
October 15, 2008 at 8:32 am
Have you logged in with the account? It should ask for a new password.
October 15, 2008 at 8:24 am
First of all, good for turning off shrink.
Second, the log file is allocated, it doesn't grow like a Word or Excel file. If you need that space for index rebuilds...
October 15, 2008 at 8:23 am
Please don't cross post. Other one deleted.
What do you mean by xp user? That doesn't really make sense to me.
If a user does not have rights to a database, they...
October 15, 2008 at 8:22 am
I'm with Michael, you need to test.
Just going for it is a good way to lose a lot of goodwill at this job.
October 15, 2008 at 8:19 am
If you have issues copying, the backup won't run across the network. Any latency or delays will cause it to fail.
If it's taking that long to copy, you likely have...
October 15, 2008 at 8:18 am
It returns the values in Query Analyzer as well, they're in the messages tab
October 15, 2008 at 8:17 am
I think you want to make multiple passes, remove those duplicates based on the combinations. Jeff might have a one pass method, but I think the simplicity might run quickly...
October 15, 2008 at 8:17 am
Viewing 15 posts - 26,791 through 26,805 (of 39,922 total)